1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Got Droid last week, Droid X question-do I have to be there?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dinosaur1, Jul 9, 2010.

1. dinosaur1

dinosaur1 Well-Known Member

May 1, 2010
    Since my local Verizon store helped me port my iPhone 4 to a Droid last week...I was wondering if they would allow my brother pick me up the Droid X since I work all day the 15th. they already had me sign everything, they took my driver's license info, etc....I simply have to exchange the Droid for the X since I am under 30 days still and pay a restocking fee. Does anyone if they would allow that?

If not would they allow for me to pay a deposit to have them hold me one if I speak to a manager?

Advertisement

2. ashykat

ashykat Android Expert

Apr 27, 2009
    Irvine, CA
    Your question is probably better suited for the Verizon store. Most likely any responses here will be guesses. Talk to a manager and then you'll know. Most likely it's up to the store management.

3. dinosaur1

May 1, 2010
    does it matter what Verizon I do the swap at? I am looking for input from anyone who did this in the past....

4. ashykat

ashykat Android Expert

Apr 27, 2009
    Irvine, CA
    Were you able to pre-order at a store? I've heard some stores are doing lists and some aren't. If you pre-ordered, then that would be the store you'd go to. Did you go to a corporate owned store when you picked up your Droid? If so, then you could do your exchange at any corporate owned store.

5. dinosaur1

May 1, 2010
    Yes I bought it at a Verizon kiosk at our local mall.

6. ashykat

ashykat Android Expert

Apr 27, 2009
    Irvine, CA
    Just be sure it was a corporate owned kiosk. Some of those kiosks are "authorized dealers" and then you'd be stuck going back to them.