1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Got DROID, woot! -- Is it me or is the voice dial terrible??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by inssane, Jan 6, 2010.

1. inssane

inssane Android Expert

I barely ever get it to work accurately. It's easier just to jump to the contact list. I would like to use it in the car, and this is through the handset not bluetooth.
    Otherwise it's AWESOME. I am humbled so far, especially at the app selection.
    Nick

2. pilotcharles747

pilotcharles747 Well-Known Member

i dont use voice dialer, the mic on the search bar works much better....still at times it misses but overall i will give it a solid B.

3. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Extreme Android User
    VIP Member

Yeah, the voice dial is lacking. The voice search works really though!
    I installed the 'voice dial hf' app, it's $4 but works perfectly, especially in the car. I can wake my phone with the camera button (screenmodewidget app allows that), then press the voice dial af icon and tell it who to call. It works much like BT voice dial, asks if you want to call Mary and you tell it yes or no. It dials on yes or gives another choice on no. Until BT is fully integrated this is a great solution and well worth the $4.

4. admorris

admorris Member

You know you can use voice search feature for voice dialing...works much better than the "voice dial" app. I have found it to be extremely accurate..maybe it's just my voice. Who knows.

5. inssane

inssane Android Expert

The text voice and search voice are awesome A+ (except for short voice recognition on texts).
    I had Vlingo on my BB and it was pretty good - they don't have it for droid right now though.

Motorola Droid Forum

The Motorola Droid release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 256GB RAM, processor, and 1400mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews