• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Got It......It's fast....it's really REALLY fast...

hey 3rd-geer and the other guy with the phone (sorry, i forget your name)

i played with this phone and the google employee who showed it to me (good friend) said he got amazing battery life out of it (in 3g area). also this was the fastest phone ive ever used. it is so much faster than any android device out there that i feel you could separate them with the span of 1000 oceans. that screen is crazy good!

question....

the phone i played with had this....but i was wondering if urs did as well.

do you have full google earth?

edit: he also told me a ton of other stuff about it...he told me this was 530 before that was even announced on blogs cause that internal mock up site was up for awhile. he also said that they are allowed to talk about the phone and show it to people...they just cant talk to press

Upvote 0
I posted this a few pages back....the typing is definitely an even match with the iphone. Originally with my UK Hero, it wasn't really great..but decent. That annoyed me when typing and I was forced to put the phone in to landscape mode. On the N1, I haven't had any issues. I would say it's identical to the iphone. They definitely nailed it on this one.
I guess multi touch isn't really that important, as long as the typing is okay.

Do you think/know if there might be a chance of it being implemented in the mass produced N1s?

Upvote 0
LOLz!!!!! The GPU has nothing to do with rendering movies or photos. Thats done all on the CPU. Reality is not what you make beleive it is.

Where do I mention the GPU? I was talking about the Snapdragon processing power.

I wanted him to run the benchmark, he did but there is something not right about the score, especially since the same, heavily under clocked CPU based phone with half the memory scored a lot more.

Upvote 0
hey 3rd-geer and the other guy with the phone (sorry, i forget your name)

i played with this phone and the google employee who showed it to me (good friend) said he got amazing battery life out of it (in 3g area). also this was the fastest phone ive ever used. it is so much faster than any android device out there that i feel you could separate them with the span of 1000 oceans. that screen is crazy good!

question....

the phone i played with had this....but i was wondering if urs did as well.

do you have full google earth?

edit: he also told me a ton of other stuff about it...he told me this was 530 before that was even announced on blogs cause that internal mock up site was up for awhile. he also said that they are allowed to talk about the phone and show it to people...they just cant talk to press

I don't have google earth. He/She probably downloaded it from the app store.

Upvote 0
The processor is what I'm concerned about. :D Have fun with your ROM, I think I'll take the specs from N1.

The processor and screen make this thing a beast. Trust me...I was in the apple store today (and got turned down on replacing my iphone after the speaker stopped working when using the phone...so forced to either use headphones or speakerphone) the tech guy wanted to put his 3GS up against my N1 loading a few pages.

To say the least, he was left a believer.

Upvote 0
The processor and screen make this thing a beast. Trust me...I was in the apple store today (and got turned down on replacing my iphone after the speaker stopped working when using the phone...so forced to either use headphones or speakerphone) the tech guy wanted to put his 3GS up against my N1 loading a few pages.

Now you are going around and and challenging iphones lol.

That's not cool...for iphones.

Provided you have wifi access, you should take any phone you get your hands on and simultaneously browse the internet vs. the N1.

A lot of time left until the phone comes out, why don't you write a full review? You could glance over a few reviews to check what exactly to look for and take a more scientific approach to breaking the phone's performance down. Yor review would probably be the first of the full kind on the web.

Maybe even buy a domain, post the full review there and get traffic based, ad generated income.

Just sayin'...

Upvote 0
Now you are going around and and challenging iphones lol.

That's not cool...for iphones.

Provided you have wifi access, you should take any phone you get your hands on and simultaneously browse the internet vs. the N1.

A lot of time left until the phone comes out, why don't you write a full review? You could glance over a few reviews to check what exactly to look for and take a more scientific approach to breaking the phone's performance down. Yor review would probably be the first of the full kind on the web.

Maybe even buy a domain, post the full review there and get traffic based, ad generated income.

Just sayin'...

HAHa....you're right I probably could and should do it...but I'm lazy, lol. Plus I'm sure everyone here will have their own within the next 2 weeks.

Upvote 0
Isn't there a "Dolphin" browser for android that supports multitouch? How does that work with the Nexus One. No multi-touch would be a hard adjustment for me coming from iPhone. $530 is also hard to swallow.

Just downloaded and tested....you're absolutely right. Multitouch works in this browser. Still not sure if I'll use it though because I can't truly test the speed browser for browser.

Upvote 0
Thanks for answering all these questions 3rd-Geer. They are very helpful!

One or two more if you don't mind. Over the past 48hrs how have you found the battery life? For instance how many times have you had to recharge it and how does it compare to your iphone?

Honestly, I haven't had any issues with the battery life. I'd say it's exactly the same as my iphone and uk hero. I haven't done the full work day yet because I'm off until next week, but I'm assuming I'll have to do a quick charge while at work during the day like I do with my iphone.

I know that harsaphes has had a lot of issues with his battery life. He says his is worse then his iphone. I've had nothing but good experiences.

Upvote 0

Just want to clarify. Your N1 on ATT EDGE beat out iPhone 3GS on ATT 3G?

Can't wait to see how fast N1 will be on TMobile 3G...

Upvote 0
Thanks for posting all this great information on the phone. I'm looking forward to it.

I'm currently using an iPhone and I recently purchased/returned the Droid because I wasn't happy with the lack of simultaneous voice+data.

Some of the other previews have talked about the new Gallery app. Have you had a chance to play with the media player? Is there a new version? It was very bare bones on the Droid. The scrubber was really close to the bottom of the screen which made it very hard to use.

There was a issue I ran into with the Droid where I wouldn't remember the vibrate setting when you switch to silent mode from the lock screen. Has this been fixed?

Can you post a picture of the top of the phone? I'm curious to see how far the power button is from the headphone jack.

I know you mentioned the keyboard before and said it's much better. Does it now fix the issue the Droid has?
iPhone vs DROID multitouch keyboard showdown (video) - Engadget

Upvote 0
Thanks for posting all this great information on the phone. I'm looking forward to it.

I'm currently using an iPhone and I recently purchased/returned the Droid because I wasn't happy with the lack of simultaneous voice+data.

Some of the other previews have talked about the new Gallery app. Have you had a chance to play with the media player? Is there a new version? It was very bare bones on the Droid. The scrubber was really close to the bottom of the screen which made it very hard to use.

There was a issue I ran into with the Droid where I wouldn't remember the vibrate setting when you switch to silent mode from the lock screen. Has this been fixed?

Can you post a picture of the top of the phone? I'm curious to see how far the power button is from the headphone jack.

I know you mentioned the keyboard before and said it's much better. Does it now fix the issue the Droid has?
iPhone vs DROID multitouch keyboard showdown (video) - Engadget

Another person asked me about the media player. To be 100% honest, I don't know if it changed much at all. I never opened it on my uk Hero more then maybe 2 times and 1 time on this N1. I use my iphone as my ipod, so I have no use for another media player.

As for the power button and the headphone jack....the power button is on the far left and is the same size as the iphone power button. The headphone jack is on the far right.

I don't know much to comment on the Droid because I've only played with it a few times.

Can you be more specific with the vibrating and mute question please? There are multiple shortcuts to muting the phone and vibration etc...it's a tiny bit confusing to be honest. On the home screen if you turn off the sound it will also turn off the vibration.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones