• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Got It......It's fast....it's really REALLY fast...

AGREED !

Close this thread unless proof is posted.

720P recording YES OR NO.

Everything else is regurgitated nonsense currently available.

Id much prefer genuine guys get treated like doo doo then the stack of fakes get the attention theyre desperate for.

Post the pics asked , answer the unique questions. If not theres no point in starting a thread.

Everyone needs to chill, the guy is nice enough to show us the phone and answer some questions about it. No need to go and slam the guy if he doesn't answer your question. Just be nice and wait for info. Jeez this is why no one wants to stick their head out and give some info.

By the way thanks for the info 3rd-Geer :)

Upvote 0
Everyone needs to chill, the guy is nice enough to show us the phone and answer some questions about it. No need to go and slam the guy if he doesn't answer your question. Just be nice and wait for info. Jeez this is why no one wants to stick their head out and give some info.

By the way thanks for the info 3rd-Geer :)

No.

When people make wild claims its on them to back it up.
Not one question he answered couldnt be answered by Googling or reading this forum. Going out of your way to 3 times avoid relevant questions ((720p..the App questions..the Home screen return)) is a sign of deception.

I didnt just PM this guy or show up at his house. He started his own thread then proceeded to dodge questions that could have been answered within 60 seconds.

It goes FAST! It has NAV ! Flash coming soon ! Is proving nothing to anyone.

Like I said as many phonies are going around you should be prepared to get roasted. Why would you start a thread and not answer questions...if you're not ready dont start a thread.

Upvote 0
No.

When people make wild claims its on them to back it up.
Not one question he answered couldnt be answered by Googling or reading this forum. Going out of your way to 3 times avoid relevant questions ((720p..the App questions..the Home screen return)) is a sign of deception.

I didnt just PM this guy or show up at his house. He started his own thread then proceeded to dodge questions that could have been answered within 60 seconds.

It goes FAST! It has NAV ! Flash coming soon ! Is proving nothing to anyone.

Like I said as many phonies are going around you should be prepared to get roasted. Why would you start a thread and not answer questions...if you're not ready dont start a thread.

It's ok, it's just a phone. I know it's frustrating to not have your questions answered like the moment you asked, this is the snap dragon age jeez, but that's how things go sometimes. Ok enough on you I'll just read the important stuff. 720p would be nice though.

Upvote 0
On a serious level guys....I haven't bs'd on anything I've said. Take it or leave it...it's your choice. I got the phone today and figured I'd loop everyone in on shit that I would have wanted to know. It's not like I'm going to take a snap shot of the phone next to my dick so that everyone can verify. I'm trying to do everyone a favor here and do something that I would have loved to have seen...which is have someone get the phone and post as much info on it as possible.

I've verified by all of the posts and pics I've given. There are a shit load of questions, so I'm sorry if I don't hit them all. If people want you can wait to get the phone yourself....it's not my loss...I have it and I didn't have to share shit.

That being said...

As for the 720p video...I'm honestly not sure. How can I verify on the phone if it does this or not? If I get any help here I can verify.

As for going back to the home screen...it's fast regardless. I've downloaded about 14 apps now and have them spread out across my pages. Going in and out like a champ. I did however get a force close about 4 times when I went in to my wifi settings. I'll also add that the animations are really smooth going in and out of apps. There is a bursting kind of effect...like everything flies on the screen or off the screen on open and close.

I also noticed that when I installed Layars it keeps taking me straight to a force close page. Not sure if there is an issue with the app running on this phone, or if there is an issue with the app at this moment live. (shrugging).

For some weird resons my text messaging doesn't work. I had this same issue on my Hero and I was using this same sim card, so that may be the issue. I plan to call ATT tomorrow. This sim was originally in a blackberry some time ago.

What other important questions does anyone need me to try to answer?

Upvote 0
ok! in real life, i am not a cynic. but in this thread, i am kinda going with Kof33 because while there is a 10% chance that koff is wrong, there's a 90% chance that 3d-geer is indeed not being truthful. after all, 3d-geer keeps coming to the thread without actually answering the questions. the questions are asy to answer for someone who truly has the device in their hands. now, it is possible that 3d-geer has the device but he is just too busy to answer or he does not know what to do with the device to get the answers but then again, if that were the case, he would have said so. another poster asked 3d-geer to do something fairly simple: put username on paper and show paper with phone in a pic. fairly easy thing to do but 3d-geer never did it. also, where are the videos that 3d-geer mentioned?
still, 3d-geer could after all be sincere but chances are, he's not.

Upvote 0
Guys...I can't answer TOO many personal questions about some of the numbers on the phone and the bar scan etc because I'd put someone at risk.

So I'll answer the basic questions...

As for edge....seems to be working pretty fast. In all the phone processing speed is just amazingly fast.

I think the above statement shows its not his phone but someone elses. Maybe thats why he isnt posting any more information. Maybe the other person doesnt want him to.

Upvote 0
anotherfandroid-

*shakeshead*

3rd geer -

how many panels/home screens does it come with? droid has 3, eris has 7, how many for the T1? also, any way you could do a quick video of a bedroom or bathroom or something with the N1 to post on here so we can an idea of how it captures? also, for the browser, is there an X where you can close the window out when you're done, or do you just press the home screen to exit? thanks alot!

Upvote 0
If anyone doubts him, you should doubt him much less. Check the first page, someone asked him to take a picture of a a pop can, Nexus one and a tv remote. He did so at 6:13, go back to the first page. Worst case scenario, he had temporary access to the phone, all he said would still be valid.

If I put my tin foil hat on, there is still a minor possibility that he has a 2nd membership here and he prepared a photo shopped picture in advance and then conveniently used his second account to ask himself to post proof by requesting the items to be in the picture which he had faked in advance. If you are buying into this theory, you don't need Nexus one info, you need to stop reading my post right now and take your medication.

Not directly answering the 720p and app questions invites doubt. But the man has a life and a wife. I think he is concerned about privacy of his source hence he is not posting the info he was asked for.

Unless his real name is Rick Astley, I say he still has forum creds.

Back to topic, here is a thread from AC, this guy says it does 720p:

So I held a Nexus One today... - Android Community Forums

Upvote 0
Guys...I can't answer TOO many personal questions about some of the numbers on the phone and the bar scan etc because I'd put someone at risk.

So I'll answer the basic questions...

As for edge....seems to be working pretty fast. In all the phone processing speed is just amazingly fast.

I dont doubt him. But he is saying the numbers on the phone and bar scan put someone ELSE at risk. Makes me believe its someone else's phone.

Upvote 0
On a serious level guys....I haven't bs'd on anything I've said. Take it or leave it...it's your choice. I got the phone today and figured I'd loop everyone in on shit that I would have wanted to know. It's not like I'm going to take a snap shot of the phone next to my dick so that everyone can verify. I'm trying to do everyone a favor here and do something that I would have loved to have seen...which is have someone get the phone and post as much info on it as possible.

I've verified by all of the posts and pics I've given. There are a shit load of questions, so I'm sorry if I don't hit them all. If people want you can wait to get the phone yourself....it's not my loss...I have it and I didn't have to share shit.

That being said...

As for the 720p video...I'm honestly not sure. How can I verify on the phone if it does this or not? If I get any help here I can verify.

As for going back to the home screen...it's fast regardless. I've downloaded about 14 apps now and have them spread out across my pages. Going in and out like a champ. I did however get a force close about 4 times when I went in to my wifi settings. I'll also add that the animations are really smooth going in and out of apps. There is a bursting kind of effect...like everything flies on the screen or off the screen on open and close.

I also noticed that when I installed Layars it keeps taking me straight to a force close page. Not sure if there is an issue with the app running on this phone, or if there is an issue with the app at this moment live. (shrugging).

For some weird resons my text messaging doesn't work. I had this same issue on my Hero and I was using this same sim card, so that may be the issue. I plan to call ATT tomorrow. This sim was originally in a blackberry some time ago.

What other important questions does anyone need me to try to answer?

on a serious level, please feel free to take a pic of the phone next to ur wang and send it; i will do the same with my mt3g! :D:D...in fact, let's all do this. :eek: j/k

anyhoo! u should ve replied with this post from the beginning. ....this thread is a lot of fun...

going to bed now....

i'll actually try to take my mind out of this nexus fever ....

Upvote 0
I'm kind of disappointed that he decided to listen to some random poster, rather than an moderator of this forum. Carl C asked a simple request of legitimacy, and he was ignored all three times. I'm sorry, but it's hard to take the OP seriously when he not only avoids unique questions but also states info that is readily available on the web.

Upvote 0
Some of you guys that are asking over and over again about how fast this phone goes back to the home screen from the browser....really? Have you played with the Droid with 2.01? I too am excited about this phone, but the Droid is super fast at everything you are asking about....I would expect the Nexus to be at least as fast. In fact I wonder if the OP has played with one for any length of time for comparison to the Nexus. No offence but you will be shocked at how fast the nexus is compared to a hero! But have you compared it to the Droid? I am not so sure how much faster the Nexus is compared to the Droid....because that is the current standard. That is what I want to know? My guess is you will only notice a difference between the two in advanced 3D games if any. Don't misunderstand me, I want to be wrong. I just don't think speed is an issue with any android phone with specs on par or better than the Droid and on 2.0.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones