1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Got It......It's fast....it's really REALLY fast...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by 3rd-Geer, Dec 28, 2009.

1. harsaphes

harsaphes Well-Known Member

Im using tmo..no problems, but I am using my sim from the Mytouch.

2. cgp1

cgp1 Newbie

Unlike my G1 this phone is supposed to support GIF images. Could you try and set a animated GIF image as your wallpaper? Thanks!

3. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

So are you saying the iphone is running at 3G speeds and the N1 is keeping up on Edge?

4. 3rd-Geer

3rd-Geer Android Enthusiast

One thing I just noticed. When you make a call, and place it to your ear, the screen dims like the iPhone.

5. Carl C

Carl C Extreme Android User

That would be the on board proximity sensor then :)

6. aight..... 3d-geer: you did turn out to be legit! good for you you got the phone.

very exciting to read all the posts about speed. Still, do you think people should be only cautiously optimistic since you havent had the chance to:

1-download a lot more apps?
    2-use heavy apps like handcent SMS?

or are you at this point 100% sure that this phone is indeed faster than iphone 3g?

now it would be great if you or the other poster who has the phone would compare the speed to that of the almighty iphone 3gs.

also, you havent answered my qestion regarding UI: any changes in the stock media player UI?

7. Delude

Delude Member

Any information that you may happen to hear about pricing would be AMAZING :)

8. Maxx

Maxx Member

excellent thread. Thanks for keeping the fun alive while we wait for the official release. I can't think of any questions that you haven't already answered, but as one other has mentioned. continue playing with it and putting apps on it and see if the speed of the device keeps going.

Thanks!

9. harsaphes

Im still standing by my remark of the ringer is on the middle to low side..I have missed most calls today with the phone in my jacket pocket. This never happened with my Iphone or Mytouch and is pretty much ruining my experience.

Yes, when you are selecting the ring tones they are really loud, but for me that does not play out on the actual usage of the ring.

10. errrr.....turn the ringer volume up.

11. laughter95

laughter95 Member

hey man,

thanks for the reply. really appreciate it. and i also appreciate that you told us how you got it, and for how much. really cool!

enjoy your phone, and thanks for letting us know everything u know about it.

12. DeoreDX

DeoreDX Lurker

I know on the Honeymoon stages it's hard to judge the battery life of a phone. But that one will be important for me. I'm not always in a position to be able to plug it in half way through the day if it won't be able to go a whole day of usage without needing to be topped off.

13. droid747

droid747 Member

Well I can't wait for this to be officially announced and we get more in depth reviews on the Nexus One. I currently have the Droid but if the nexus is a lot better then the droid, I might have to return it(I am in Verizon's holiday return window). I like the Verizon network, but I will be moving in with my fiance in a metropolitan area once I find a new job, so I should have decent coverage if I switched to tmobile.

14. Germwise

Germwise Android Enthusiast

3rd-Geer

When you compare the web-browsing speed to that of the iphone 3gs are you SURE you aren't connected to your wifi?

I just can't see EDGE beating out 3G no matter what the hardware was.

15. t-mizzle

t-mizzle Member

Neocore, I just remembered, that's the name of the demo. It's made by Qualcomm, please find it on the market, install it and run, with or without sound! That will be the last piece of the puzzle in figuring out the hardware performance.

Here is a link of the demo on youtube. I'm dying to find out the fps you guys will bench: YouTube - Graphics on T-Mobile Android G1

Since my first smart phone, I learned my lesson and you'll find a usb cable in my pocket, monday through friday. With heavy usage, no phone lastem me longer than a day with stock batteries. I expect the n1 to be on par with others.

16. harsaphes

errrrr...duh..the ringer volume is up all the way.

17. LansdowneMike

LansdowneMike Member

USB cables in various places works. My other trick is to have multiple (three) batteries in case I need a full charge quickly. In "normal" usage, I go through three batteries on my G1 every day (I leave all radios on unless I'm running on fumes), or less if I'm near one of my chargers. When I get the N1 I'm going to get one additional battery immediately.

(I'm really annoyed that the new generation of USB connections is different from the G1's and I'd love to develop a conspiracy theory about making us buy all new equipment, but that's probably a little much.;))

18. ManMythLegend

ManMythLegend Well-Known Member

Theres an App called "LOUDER VOLUME" by Meltus.
    Goes a long way to refining audio loudness with handset speakers. No clue if itll work on lates Android builds but if you cant find his app look him up on XDA and shoot him a message hes very quick to respond.

Quite the contrary !
    Im under the impression that the micro-usb was the format agreed upon to be used by damn near everyone but Apple in the handset market from here on in.
    At least thats what was agreed upon on paper.

19. 3rd-Geer

I'm still out running around with he phone an have been using the browser a ton. Out for about 6 hours and still at about 80%. So far I see this beating out my iPhone.

20. t-mizzle

t-mizzle Member

Don't forget you are on edge, less power usage than your iphone. As a matter of fact, I heard 3G uses more power than wifi, don't know if it's true.

Now download neocore and give us the benchmarks, pretty please :D

21. aznkitten

aznkitten Newbie

Lol, is that why you no longer work for google? Because you leak confidential things online? Its your friend's fault in this particular case for trusting you with such thing.. there was a disclaimer on the box of this phone not to show it off until next month..

22. 3rd-Geer

On both widow and edge. Guys remember the processor. On this is double the 3GS and Droid. I think this is the main reason it is so fast even on edge.

23. kafkef

kafkef Well-Known Member

Only 20% in about 6 hours from a 1400 mAh powering the dragon? Is that possible?

24. 3rd-Geer

Actually left there a while ago.....BTW there is no disclaimer on the box.

25. 3rd-Geer

Actually take thy back.....I noticed I'm at 50%. Error there guys, sorry.

Nexus One Forum

The Nexus One release date was January 2010. Features and Specs include a 1400mAh battery, 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, and Snapdragon S1 processor.

January 2010
Release Date
Reviews