• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Got me a Everun Note!

malkia

Lurker
Nov 15, 2008
Totally awesome little machine - it's a 7 inch, with AMD Durion 64 X2 (yes, dual-core), some ATI Express X1200 card (Shader 2.0 only) with 60GB hdd (there is an SSD option, but I needed more space).

It came with XP Home Edition, but I've installed Ubuntu Linux (on the NTFS partition, not separate one) and I'm having both living together just fine.

It's an amazing little device. It has also a 3G reader, and I'm going to try whether I can use my T-Mobile G1 connection with it (additional card? dunno).

Here is some cool review of it:

http://www.umpcportal.com/2008/09/everun-note-full-review

Work ordered on for me (the Ubuntu version). Hoping it arrives this coming week :)

I just wish it had a convertible-tablet screen. I'm sure I'll be "just fine" with the netbook format, but it's the one design feature I wish it had.

Well, that and an included antenna to make it easy to put an HSPA card into it's open PCI-Express-Mini card slot.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones