1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Got me Incredible S...Woohoo

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ziani, Mar 12, 2011.

1. Ziani

Ziani Android Expert

This is so exciting just waiting for it to charge.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. SkyCayenne

SkyCayenne Lurker

SAME HERE! But my ac adapter isn't working. Any clue? Now I couldn't charge!

3. BCM

BCM Well-Known Member

Use the USB cord to charge via the computer in the meantime.

4. Ziani

Ziani Android Expert

I must be lucky as mine worked fine. Sounds like maybe you should take it back?

5. Bearly

Bearly Android Expert

How do you have it already? I thought it hasn't been announced yet?

6. vido.ardes

vido.ardes Android Expert

It's been out un the UK since Feb 26th and in other WU countries since early March. I've had mine couple of weeks now, really nice phone

7. Ziani

Ziani Android Expert

Indeed it is...still finding my way round but so far no complaints. Its also great having come fron the Hero that I have 2.2.

8. Bearly

Bearly Android Expert

Came with 2.3?

Hows battery life? gps? Reception?

9. vido.ardes

Same for me, I went back to the official release for the hero a little while back cause it was much smoother that the 2.2 and 2.3 releases, but I missed stuff like new GMail. This is soo much quicker as well, I can play Angry Birds and Cordy (best game on the market by far) all the time, navigation is much smoother, watching videos and taking photos is a million times better...

Comes with 2.2, 2.3 update promised soon. I have written a pretty extensive review a couple of weeks ago, check that for my impressions

http://androidforums.com/htc-incredible-s/289634-incredible-s-review-3-days-so-far-so-good.html

10. Ziani

Ziani Android Expert

lol...been looking forward to playing Angry Birds for so long and also want to try Cordy so Vido.ardes we have similar tastes :)

Thanks for your review...very useful

11. Bearly

Bearly Android Expert

Wow they promised that it would ship with 2.3 :-(

Ill check out your review. Thanks.

12. Bwangster12

Bwangster12 Member

Well, the Incredible 2 might ship with 2.3. Sounds like the Incredible S will get 2.3 around the same time that Inc. 2 launches.

13. Bearly

Bearly Android Expert

They were supposed to be the same device. Can you point me to an article that claims otherwise?

14. vido.ardes

They are the same thing, but for some reason the incredible S appears to have been pushed quite quickly to non-US markets which is why it has 2.2 not 2.3. The Desire S and wildfire S will be released with 2.3, and the Incredible S should get an upgrade at the same time

15. mydragoon

mydragoon Lurker

it's officially announced for Malaysia just last Friday. will be available soon.

it will be at rm1999 (outright purchase) or about 463 euro.

though its not my dream phone, but the price seems attractive enough for me to consider it -- was hoping for motorola atrix.

during the launch, it was reported that htc malaysia said 2.3 will be available in june.

4mynikka likes this.
  16. Bearly

Bearly Android Expert

Which means it'll be available end of September :)

17. It's too late!:(

HTC Incredible S Forum

The HTC Incredible S release date was February 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1450mAh battery.

February 2011
Release Date
Reviews