• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

got mine last night....

murphy_31047

Feb 10, 2011
I picked mine up at the local ATT store off contract. I absolutely love this phone. I switched from an iphone 3gs and it makes the iterd look like an iterd. lol. The reason I wanted one so bad is that I played with an evo and was absolutely in love with the large screen and had to have a phone with the same size screen. I surf the web alot and I am a google nerd. Any question gets asked during the day at work and I say let me google that. Here are pros and cons from what I have found so far...
Pros:
Larger beautiful screen
decent call quality
hell of alot of features compared to iterd
wifi speed went from 5m to 11m on same connection compared to iterd
3g data went from 950k to 3.8m compared to iterd
Hey it's android what more could you ask for.

cons:
the only con is the damn battery cover, I tried and tried and tried to get it off until i finally found out you can slip your fingernail behind the volume rocker and get it off really easy. other than that, there is nothing else wrong with this phone.

I love my new Inspire. and I saved my upgrade by buying off contract for the next bad ass phone to hit att.... eat terds and die motorola atrix and iphone. thanks for all the helpful threads folks, Murph

is there anything cool that I needd to add to my phone any good apps? Thanks

Speaker distorts if you turn it too loud. While driving today i discovered the "auto-speaker phone" feature where it automatically goes to speaker when you take it away from your head is very hit and miss..it half worked and half didn't..it was much easier to just push the speaker button on the screen.

Upvote 0
Love mine too and I sold my iPhone 4 to get it. I very much missed my Evo (no decent CDMA at my home or work location) so I had to come back to AT&T. I got the iP4 and though I liked it and it felt like a quality piece of hardware, this just works for me better.

Love the big display, the notifications are brilliant, and I just prefer the overall experience. Very glad I made the decision.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones