• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Got my Captivate today

Sledutah

Jul 18, 2010
Utah
Sent back the iP4 on Monday, apple received it Wednesday and tonight I went and picked up the Captivate.
I haven't done much with it yet. I spent an hour on the phone with att getting voicemail to work. I don't know what they did, but I didn't even have a voicemail box to set up.
Anyway, the only thing I notice off the bat is the GPS is not picking up my location at home, inside or outside. It did work right after I picked the phone up. I've seen some links and info about making some changes, so I'll do those and I'm sure it will be better.
The display is very nice. I read about text not being smooth when zoomed in, but it looks great to me.
I've heard alot of good suggestions for apps, so I'll check them out.

Thanks for all the info :D

Nice that you're enjoying your Captivate. I made the switch as well from my iPhone 3G to the Captivate on launch. I only have one question since you have experience with the iPhone 4. How would you say the battery life is on the the IP4 in comparison to the Captivate? As you'll see in this forum there are a handful of people, myself included, who are not that satisfied with the Captivate's battery life. Other than that it really is a great a phone.

Upvote 0
Nice that you're enjoying your Captivate. I made the switch as well from my iPhone 3G to the Captivate on launch. I only have one question since you have experience with the iPhone 4. How would you say the battery life is on the the IP4 in comparison to the Captivate? As you'll see in this forum there are a handful of people, myself included, who are not that satisfied with the Captivate's battery life. Other than that it really is a great a phone.

The iP4's battery was great. I was consistently getting 7 hours usage with 2 day standby times, with everything on (wireless/bluetooth/3g). But, as a phone it sucked bad! I've only gone through one battery cycle with the Captivate, so I can't say how this one compares. The first cycle seemed pretty good. It lasted about 14 hours, but I was using it almost the whole time (standby was only about 4 hours, short night).
I'm enjoying it so far. I'm having some problems, like most of us. But, it works great as a PHONE. The other issues seemed to be software related, so hopefully they will get fixed.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones