1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support Got my first Android :)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by alehel, Feb 18, 2011.

1. alehel

alehel Lurker

Well I've now had my first Android phone for 2 days, the LG P500 (or Optimus One depending on where you live). My only experience with this kind of device is my 2 G iPod Touch. I really like it so far. The only thing I wish the mobile itself had is a better camer. Sure, it's a budget phone, but my three year old sony erikson takes better pictures than this. Apart from that though, the phone itself is great.

I do have a few questions though.

Can I read protected epub files on this? I searched for epub on the market, but can't see anything about one that supports DRM.

Can I set it so that the phone will only automaticly sync with services such as gmail when connected to a wifi network?

One thing that did surprise me about the phone was the amount of programs installed on it. Why is there a seperate app for Google Places? Wouldn't it be just as well to have it integrated with google maps? I seem to remember this is how they did it for the iPhone.

Only thing I don't like is not being able to remove programs such as facebook. There are a whole bunch of programs I'll probably never use such as navigation which isn't even available in Norway anyway. All these take up screen space :p.

I have to say though, Android is a lot better than when I tried it on a friends phone a year and a half ago. Development really seems to be moving fast :).

Now if you'll all excuse me, I need to get on with playing Game Dev Story which I've now wasted far to much time playing already.

Advertisement

2. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time...

Moving thread to the LG Optimus One (P500) support forum...