1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Got my new Galaxy S5 tonight!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by xxteargodxx, Apr 23, 2014.

1. xxteargodxx

xxteargodxx Well-Known Member

Verizon Store got some back in stock tonight so I finally made my switch back to Android! (It's been a while, last android phone I had was an original Motorola Droid).

Switched from my iPhone 5, got $300 in store credit at Verizon that covered the cost of the phone, all I paid out of pocket was for my Otterbox Defender case for it.

With that said I have some questions.

1) Okay so I know this phone is pulling from my GMail contacts. Now there's some people I do not have a phone number for, just their e-mail address. But it lists their e-mail address in my contacts on my phone, is there any way to remove them from that list without deleting them from my GMail contacts?

2) Anyone have any tips on how to save battery life on this phone?

Advertisement

2. mistaj33

mistaj33 Well-Known Member

Open the dialer
    click the three dots towards the top right
    choose settings
    choose contacts
    check off "Only contacts with phone numbers"

xxteargodxx and josborne6 like this.
  3. xxteargodxx

xxteargodxx Well-Known Member

Thanks for that, now is there any way to get them to stop appearing for example when I type in a name for a text it shows multiple things for one person. Like it will show their home phone, mobile phone, email any way I can set it to just show their phone numbers?

4. axel_2078

axel_2078 Android Enthusiast

As far as saving battery life goes....don't download apps just for the sake of downloading apps. The less apps you have that need to be updated or need to reach back to the internet to pull data down, the longer your battery will last. I try to only keep apps on my device that I actually use on a regular basis. If I find I don't use them very often, they get deleted. I'm not an app hog and I don't like keeping a bunch of crap on my phone that won't get used.

5. mistaj33

mistaj33 Well-Known Member

I don't use stock messaging so I don't know for sure. I looked through the settings and didn't see anything though.

I know some 3rd party texting apps have the option to hide all numbers that aren't mobile numbers. Maybe check out Handcent.

I switched over to Textra a while back but I don't see that option in Textra.

Edit: It looks like Textra only shows contacts with phone numbers by default. It doesn't seem to filter out numbers other than mobile ones though. But, at least it doesn't list contacts with only email addresses though.

Samsung Galaxy S5 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S5 release date was April 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 16MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2800mAh battery.

April 2014
Release Date
Reviews