1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Got my Nexus S, question ><

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lckuok, May 17, 2011.

1. lckuok

lckuok Lurker

got the Nexus S, it feels alot better (love the pure feeling), even tho i do miss the htc sense UI. but got some questions to ask (already update to 2.3.4)

Are there restrictions on the android market? the funny thing is alot of the stuff (such as whatsapp/skype) doesn't show on my nexus S, but it appears on my incredible S which is still running stock 2.2.

Also is it the sense UI from HTC that actually notify and links my whatsapp contact to my phone contact or am i missing something here?

also besides using a rooted rom/mod, there's no way i can link my fb contacts to my phone contacts is that correct?

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Guamguy

Guamguy Android Expert

Skyoe and WhatsApp shows up in my Nexus S so I don't know why its not showing up on yours. It maybe a region block.

As for your two other questions, yes and yes.

3. DKYang

DKYang Android Enthusiast

If whatsapp and skype shows up on the Incredible S, then I'm not sure why it doesn't show up on the Nexus S. Try installing them via the market. It shouldn't be a region block if it works with a different phone.

The Sense UI port is being worked on. Visit xda development for the post and info about it.

4. kegacide

kegacide Member

you can sync up facebook pictures to your contacts with the app, syncmypix, works really well too

5. alamoe

alamoe Android Enthusiast

I would clear the Market cache. Someone else had a similar problem with HBO Go and that fixed it

Nexus S Forum

The Nexus S release date was December 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

December 2010
Release Date
Reviews