1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Got my Note 4

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Tsepz_GP, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Tsepz_GP

Tsepz_GP Android Enthusiast

Got my Note 4 last night at my local Vodashop's launch. It's the N910F international Snapdragon 805 one.
    Went ahead and got it in Black
    [​IMG]

So far I am thoroughly happy with my purchase, it feels and looks very premium, a great step in the right direction by Samsung here, the phone feels solid.

TouchWiz has been trimmed down once again and the phone seems to handle even the heavy stuff without a hitch. I had a bunch of apps installing from Play Store while also web browsing and playing music, and it kept going without a single problem, and it seems to barely get hot, awesome job by Samsung.

Battery life also seems good, took it off charge this morning at 6:15am, went to work, showed it off: took pics, played some 4K videos, web browsed, it synced my work and personal emails, had Google Hangouts and WhatsApp going, also the odd bit of Facebook and Twitter, I'm home now and it's 7:13pm, still at 54% :D just brilliant.

Display is outstanding, colors are very vibrant and images incredibly detailed, scary how far mobile screen tech has come.

By the way, music through headphones is quite loud, louder than the S4 that I came from, will be interesting to know from those coming from the Note 3 or S5 if they feel the same?

Anyway, that's my little bit of how I'm finding my Note 4, I highly recommend it!

I am here to help anyone who is having trouble or is new to Samsungs, it's my 1st Note series phone though so I am also learning, the feature set is overwhelming! :)

Podivin, ceva321 and atrain311 like this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Extreme Android User

Did your note come with stylus pen

3. rmcf

rmcf Member

My main issue will be the radios. Will the note 4 do better than the note 3 in holding a signal? Thats what i'm holding out for.

4. rushmore

rushmore Extreme Android User

Well.... I have mine too, THAT's the ticket! Nice shiny Verizon black model... Yeah.... It strangely looks a lot like the S4 with an extended battery on it ;) :)

Curse Verizon and their unlimited data collar they have on me! That and their coverage map.

5. Tsepz_GP

Tsepz_GP Android Enthusiast

Well it held up well today, I am between areas with EDGE, HSDPA+ and LTE, and it never dropped or hung up. I know the Note 3 has a major issue with its antenna going between H, H+ and LTE, didn't see anything like that today.

Haha! It does resemble an overgrown S4, I am actually coming from an S4, must say this has been a worthy upgrade.

You Americans are lucky with unlimited data, my network gives me 250mb and I buy a 5GB data bundle monthly, luckily I have WiFi at home and work, so my 5.25GB is mainly used when I'm out and about.

6. rushmore

rushmore Extreme Android User

I was actually referring to my S4 since Verizon are arrogant rubes who want their customers- that provide them jobs- to wait another week.

I might just stay with my S4 out of principle :)

7. mojosodope

mojosodope Android Enthusiast

So I had the HTC one m8 which was awesome but played with this when my dad got it and loved it. I called every store in the area and no one had one and told me they were back ordered. Well the next day called again to the store down the street and was told they got two in but couldn't hold them. Hopped in the car and headed that way and was able to snag the last one. So leads me to my question. What are some awesome apps or advice do you all have considering this is my first note.

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date was October 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 16MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 805 processor, and 3220mAh battery.

October 2014
Release Date
Reviews