1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Accessories Got my Otterbox replacement and...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by michaelkahl, Nov 2, 2010.

1. michaelkahl

michaelkahl Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 20, 2009
    IT
    My defender series replacement arrived today and I haven't opened it. After reading reports from other individuals I'm not sure my issues have been resolved. So I'm trying to figure out what to do. Do I keep it?
    I waited so long for this case and at the end of my first week with it I feel that it fell short of expectations and Otterbox Quality. My phone rattles in the case unless I have 2 pieces of paper or a screen protector installed with the phone.
    Other than this I have issues with the polycarbonate shell staying attached and don't like the amount of lint that it attracts.

Advertisement

2. dragonsamus

dragonsamus Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 24, 2010
    retail... bleh
    Sacramento, CA
    i was really looking forward to the defender. i guess i wont even bother now if it has issues.

3. michaelkahl

None

Oct 20, 2009
    IT
    Since I got my replacement in the mail. I decided to do some risky hacks on the damaged unit. I popped out the screen protector. Let me tell you, it came out easily without much resistance.

EDIT: Literally, I gripped both sides of the top shell and used my thumbs to pop out the screen protector. Then all I had to do was clean the glue off the case.

I know some cringe at the thought of no protector, but the experience feels so good without it that it's hard to say no. I guess I had the phantom skinz on for so long that I forgot how smooth and fluid the device is. I guess it's all relative, and I'm having a hard time going back.

EDIT: Video added...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dusf-gsSvB0

crkohl likes this.
  4. crkohl

crkohl Newbie
    None

Sep 20, 2010
    Thanks for all this; too bad that no changes seem to have been made yet for the replacements. Like you said, at least you got a belt clip/stand replacement. You gotta look out for those lawn chairs! It's probably good to have an extra silicone cover too for down the road...

5. Phoenix111

Phoenix111 Member
    None

Jun 20, 2010
    Male
    Got my replacement case today and I've got to say it is much better. It fits much tighter overall, I'm pleased with it.

michaelkahl likes this.
  6. michaelkahl

None

Oct 20, 2009
    IT
    I'm glad to see that not everyone has this issue. This means there is hope.

7. Colchicine

Colchicine Android Expert
    None

I'm glad I got my Seidio Rugged MONTHS ago and didn't wait around for THIS.

8. michaelkahl

None

Oct 20, 2009
    IT
    BURN lol...in all seriousness glad you like it. I still don't think it would have been the case for me. This is all personal choice, and I must admit that Seidio did right by getting the case to market quickly. There is no arguing that.
    My co-worker has it and doesn't really like it to much. However, he does like the Innocase so he still has a case he likes.
    I have a case that I'm not satisfied with. There was a lot of potential, but there are serious QA issues apparently. So the otterbox defense of, "We take l onger getting to market because we want our products to be of higher quality" is garbage. The Seidio is as good if not better because of the Innocase flexibility.
    Yes I said it, the same guy who ordered and cancelled his Seidio case because Otterbox announced the Defender.
    I guess I'm feeling a little burned by Otterbox right now.

9. rtm0004

rtm0004 Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 18, 2010

love my rugged! i love the fact that you can either use the innocase or the rugged

I went with the combo pack with the innocase II, rugged and the holsters

I think all that was the same price as the defender case