1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Got my phone and everything is great but Market doesn't remember my apps?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by akates, Sep 16, 2011.

1. akates

akates Newbie
    None

Oct 6, 2010
    Loving the new phone in the hour or so I've had to play with it (coming form a Photon with that horrible pentile screen) but I'm running into an issue with the Market. It only remembers 10 or so of my paid apps and none of the free ones? They all show up on market.android.com online but I can't get them to show up on the device. I cleared the data for the market and they still won't come up. Any ideas?

Advertisement

2. Tommydaniel

Tommydaniel Android Expert
    None

Oct 31, 2009
    Houston, TX
    It will only remember your paid apps. Not your free ones.

3. akates

akates Newbie
    None

Oct 6, 2010
    I've definitely had it remember my free apps as well. Last time I changed my phone out it pulled down all 70 of my apps right after registering the phone. Also, it doesn't even show all of my paid apps, just most of them.

4. Tommydaniel

Tommydaniel Android Expert
    None

Oct 31, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Mine in the past has remembered all my apps, but only briefly and only if I had changed phones quick enough. but NORMALLY, it only remembers paid apps. Give it some time or try restarting the phone and see if it pushes more paid apps through. Some of those paid apps might not be showing up because the Epic Touch is a new phone and the apps aren't listed for it yet

5. sean76

sean76 Android Expert
    None

May 5, 2010
    THE BOSS
    NYC
    Only phone that ever remembered all my apps was the DROID X...

All 3 of my last phones only remembered my paid Apps ...that being the TB, Charge, and Bionic.

6. akates

akates Newbie
    None

Oct 6, 2010
    Man that's freaking annoying?! Why wouldn't they give you the option to bring back all the apps you had before? You're obviously gonna want some of them.

As for the paid apps, if I re-download them, will it actually charge me again?

7. Exit24

Exit24 Well-Known Member
    None

May 22, 2011
    Does it show the price of the app, or does it say PAID?

8. akates

akates Newbie
    None

Oct 6, 2010
    Actually it looks like the only ones that didn't show up were refunded. I'm good to go on paid apps, now it's just the issue of the free ones. Still makes no sense to me why it's worked on previous phones.

9. akates

akates Newbie
    None

Oct 6, 2010
    Looking into it a bit more, there are paid apps on my Evo that aren't even showing up on the online market like Launcher Pro Plus. There are also a bunch of missing free apps but if I need to redownload those anyway it's not as big a deal.

10. Sycobob

Sycobob Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 7, 2011
    Physicist
    Tallahassee, FL
    On the Market website you can click My Library at the top of the page to see what's installed on your current device. Since it's taking a while to update with my new phone, it shows me everything I had on my Photon. It makes it easy to install each app without having to search.

11. akates

akates Newbie
    None

Oct 6, 2010
    Yeah what I ended up doing is just looking at my Evo and what was installed on there and just redownloading and installing those. In the end it only took about 15 min or so, which is less time then I spent worrying about why it wasn't pulling them automatically!

12. DruHill

DruHill Lurker
    None

May 21, 2010
    If you open up the Android Market on your pc and go to "My Library" you can push each app to your phone. It's a shame this isn't automated though.

13. xxINFIDELxx

xxINFIDELxx Well-Known Member
    None

May 25, 2010
    If you used APPBRAIN, you can log into APPBRAIN on your PC. Assuming you synced your apps your old devise should be listed to the left of the screen, select your old devise and it will show every app you had installed on your last sync. Select your old apps you want and there is an option to sync with your new devise. Sorry if this isn't too clear, I'm basing this off what I did this morning and I'm half falling asleep.

14. HotInEER

HotInEER Member
    None

Jan 12, 2010
    In your google settings do you have the box checked for backup your information. If so, then it should just start downloading them automatically when you input your gmail information in your new phone. If not, you need to go to your google account and change the settings. I hope this helps.

15. blitz118

blitz118 Well-Known Member
    None

May 6, 2010