• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Got my phone replaced, finally.

brettlewis

Android Expert
Nov 3, 2009
Arizona
So I was having issues with the proximity sensor on my droid. I finally brought it in today to try to get a replacement.

Apparently they couldn't replicate the issue, and I couldn't just show them what was wrong. It was back and forth for about 10-15 minutes.

The manager came out to try to tell me it was a software issue and that in his words "2.1 would be coming out in a bout a week" and it should be taken care of then. He showed me his phone too and I thought it was funny cause his phone was rooted and had glass theme on it. (Brady from Scottsdale Promenade, I hope you read this forum cause that would be funny) haha. I would tell him mine was, but I didnt want to run into any issues with them.

Anyways, they weren't going to help me out on that issue so i told them about another "problem" i was having.

When I first got this phone, which was a replacement to my second phone, the alt key was loose. Within about a week it had fallen off but I didn't want to get a new phone over it. There are two alt keys and it wasn't the end of the world.

Apparently that is all I had to say to them to get a replacement however, cause now I have a new droid. This time they actually had replacements on site, which was not the case on my first returned phone.

Im happy once again. Now off to best buy to get my ghost armor put back on.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones