• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Got my replacement and its a Refurb...

Atty

May 23, 2010
Kind of annoyed. My phone was randomly restarting too often to deal with so I went to the store and they ordered me a new one. It came in a few days ago and it is a refurb.

Should I worry about it and get a new one? I don't want a refurbished phone to replace mine that I bought brand new. I'm going to activate it tomorrow and see if its any better than the one I have now, I'm not sure if the restarting is due to an actual mechanical error or if its just over heating from use (which I assume they all would? but this often? ffs.)

The refurbs are individually tested instead of a sampling from the run being tested. When they go back, everything that is cosmetically damaged is replaced and they're well tested. I've been buying refurb electronics off and on for years and the refurb equipment is usually the same (or better) quality than new stuff.

If I could buy a refurb phone out of the gate and save $50 or $75, I'd be right on top of it.

As for the pink hue, I've been told that you can ONLY see it if you have one that has it and one that doesn't sitting right beside eachother. I've not witnessed it myself, so I have no personal knowledge.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones