• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Got my Samsung Moment but...

I have a dilemma. I bought it at my local Radioshack and I was a little leery of taking the one they had in the display case. The associate assured me that it had been taken out of the box today so they could show customers what the phone looked like.

Okay.. I open it up, get my gmail account all set, tried out handcent, surfing the internet... LOVE THIS PHONE!!!! I love it. Anyone who says its too big ... they're a little crazy. Anyways... I realize that there were two calls made on the phone. One tonight (as the test call to see if my number was programmed into the phone) and another one on December 11. Okay... the associate told me that this phone was opened today.

Secondly... I don't have a charger. So tomorrow I'll have to go back and pick one up, but it leads me to believe... that this could be a return or something. I don't know if I should ask for a new one or what. I used to work in retail (office supplies chain) and we actually would restock returned equipment and sell it as 'new' and tell the customer that it was new. Needless to say, I saw a few come back and yell at us for tricking them into buying used equipment at a new price...

Does it make me seem petty to request a brand new, sealed phone?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones