• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Got my seidio extended battery last friday...

mihalich

Android Enthusiast
Nov 23, 2009
South Orange County, CA
So, I went for the extended battery which, of course, requires the extended battery version of the innocase.

Double the power pretty much maps to double the use time. I was hoping that I would get more than that. Don't know why I was hoping that. I know my XV6700 seidio extended battery got way more than double the life, but the capacity may have been more than double...I don't remember.

Anyway, it's not as screwed up as I thought it would be with the big back. It will sit with the back down on the table, pretty flat, and not roll or anything. If you try to type on the physical keyboard with it on the table you will definitely have problems. But as long as you hold it up with your hands, you are fine.

The extended innocase fits nice and snug, and I don't have any problems with it.

- Joe

So, I went for the extended battery which, of course, requires the extended battery version of the innocase.

Double the power pretty much maps to double the use time. I was hoping that I would get more than that. Don't know why I was hoping that. I know my XV6700 seidio extended battery got way more than double the life, but the capacity may have been more than double...I don't remember.

Anyway, it's not as screwed up as I thought it would be with the big back. It will sit with the back down on the table, pretty flat, and not roll or anything. If you try to type on the physical keyboard with it on the table you will definitely have problems. But as long as you hold it up with your hands, you are fine.

The extended innocase fits nice and snug, and I don't have any problems with it.

- Joe

Any pics?

Upvote 0
Here's some pictures

Attachments

• DSCN1826_w.jpg
    DSCN1826_w.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 179
  • DSCN1820_w.jpg
    DSCN1820_w.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 202
  • DSCN1828_w.jpg
    DSCN1828_w.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 157
  • DSCN1825_w.jpg
    DSCN1825_w.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 130
Upvote 0
All I can tell you is, it goes down at about half the speed. By the end of a full day (like 7am - 9pm), the battery was either close to or in the red with the stock battery. Now, I get to that point after 2 full days. I guess that would be expected behavior with the double capacity battery. So the battery indicator seems to be behaving normally.

Also, FYI, I'm using DroidMod 1.0. My normal OC processor settings are 1 Ghz max, and 600 Mhz min, with the OnDemand governor.

- Joe

Upvote 0
Ok, I take it back. That battery indicator is all messed up.

It seems to be dropping at a rate I'd expect. Then after a while it drops like normal usage, and gets to red in like a day of usage. So last night (acting on other peoples observations), I turned the phone off, and turned it back on. The battery indicator went back up to 90%. I left it unplugged till this morning, and it's still at 85%.

It was not doing this at first. So the indicator must get screwed up over time as the phone's up time goes up.

Now I'm gunna have to just leave it unplugged until it really drains and powers off so I know what the real usage is I'm getting out of it.

are you using a battery app to see percentage or u looking in the phone status?

I was just going by the stock battery level indicator on the pull down event bar.

Joe

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones