1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Got new Galaxy S II but i want to install fresh OS

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by polish_pat, Sep 15, 2011.

1. polish_pat

polish_pat Newbie
    None

Sep 15, 2011
    Hey guys, first of all, HELLO! I was until very recently an iPhone lover, but i always knew Android would beat Apple's closed policies and OS and for me this day has come with my brand new Galaxy S 2.

Basically, I am on Rogers in Canada and purchased a GS2 that is unlocked by rooting but originally on Bell. There is a bunch of crapware that i cannot use like BellTV and the intregated GPS Navigator and a bunch of other stuff. What i want is to install a fresh version of android without all the Bell Crapware. I dont know how it works for android but for iphone i could manually download an image of the OS and install it through itunes.

Do i have to install the OS from scratch or can i just use a factory reset settings to take out all the bell stuff. Also, please take into consideration that no matter what you guys suggest me, i want to keep my device unlocked.

Thank you so much for your help

Advertisement

2. Blue1k

Blue1k Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 1, 2009
    Teacher/Web Design
    Cloverdale, BC

Flash a european rom from xda forums. Search intratech for poster. He has a guide how to do this. I recommend kh3 rom. Running it on my bell s2.

3. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Android Expert

May 30, 2011
    Whatever he said.
    Cambridgeshire, England
    Since you are rooted you will be able to manually remove or freeze all your unwanted apps using titanium backup.