• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Got recovery working..Need a good rom. Suggestions?

HoUdInI

Android Enthusiast
Feb 22, 2012
Garland, Tx
I got recovery working so now i want to know what is the best working rom? i want a rom with a kernal and deblotted if anyone has any suggestions....

i have read many post of roms and i have seen people say good and i have seen people say no working just to save me a little trouble of flashing the wrong rom.... asking opinions...

Update: recovery will not work this is the deal i installed f.... before i got it was working when i was on c it worked then went to f and now not working...anybody got a gun?

how do i get loki. wrking in mine.. the correct way pleas too many threads of it got me going crazy, of reading posts and getting into nothing :thinking:

Exactly! you said it brother.

you know i was just messing around one day and tried the 2nd init and it worked out of the blue and now i get to F nothing i am back where i started... i don't blame noone here.. i know everyone is doing what they can but this mod is broke it works when it wants to.. if anybody has one way on how to install this and make it work from A to Z would be awsome...and some help for krlypumaa....thanks

Upvote 0
how do i get loki. wrking in mine.. the correct way pleas too many threads of it got me going crazy, of reading posts and getting into nothing :thinking:

loki just patches a kernel or recovery to pass security check. so what do you want lokied kernel or lokied recovery. the lokied kernel is simple just flash the zip in 2ndinit recovery and then you can remove any app you want without getting morning call error. the lokied recovery is still in alpha stage because it wipes /data partition when you boot into it and you cant mount /data. unless you use candoopa's sd-ext lokied recovery/kernel which transfers /data to your external sd so that it doesn't get wiped and you can flash,backup,restore,etc.. just fine with it. everything works, but you need at least a 8gb sdcard for it to be worth it because you lose the 5gb internal memory. so unless you have a real good reason or just want to try it out. i would suggest waiting till the lokied recovery gets developed more.

Reactions: Krlypumaa
Upvote 0
loki just patches a kernel or recovery to pass security check. so what do you want lokied kernel or lokied recovery. the lokied kernel is simple just flash the zip in 2ndinit recovery and then you can remove any app you want without getting morning call error. the lokied recovery is still in alpha stage because it wipes /data partition when you boot into it and you cant mount /data. unless you use candoopa's sd-ext lokied recovery/kernel which transfers /data to your external sd so that it doesn't get wiped and you can flash,backup,restore,etc.. just fine with it. everything works, but you need at least a 8gb sdcard for it to be worth it because you lose the 5gb internal memory. so unless you have a real good reason or just want to try it out. i would suggest waiting till the lokied recovery gets developed more.

the code that wipes the data partition is not in recovery it is in the boot loader

it does not matter what you change in recovery the internal data partition gets wiped when you boot from the recovery partition

you may be able to us some type of boot menu, that boots from the "BOOT" partition and has an option to load a recovery executable

or you can use my sd-ext option

or some one else can think of a way to get around it

Reactions: Krlypumaa
Upvote 0

thanx for the replied.. i wll like both... with all i hav read, i hav notice with still on alpha.. stage.. with kernel patch we can remove goolg.VIDEO.APK..????

@@ CANDOOPA.. can i do the sdext recov.. in an test sd and then copy evrythng to the native one n still works.. (copy,merge,etc..)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones