• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Got replacement EVO, signed into Appbrain and got screwed?

gear.h34d.2012

Jun 2, 2010
Hey guys, so basically topic. Just got my replacement EVO today from the Shack and just started the process of recustomizing it to where I want it. Unfortunately I've hit a snag. I downloaded Appbrain and installed it. Upon signing in it auto-sync'd and now I believe all of my apps sync'd from my old phone are gone.

Basically:

1) That sync system is extremely non-intuitive.
2) Please tell me theres a way to get that list of apps back because I REALLY don't want to re-buy all of those apps. :mad:

Thanks guys.

~Cheers.

Hey guys, so basically topic. Just got my replacement EVO today from the Shack and just started the process of recustomizing it to where I want it. Unfortunately I've hit a snag. I downloaded Appbrain and installed it. Upon signing in it auto-sync'd and now I believe all of my apps sync'd from my old phone are gone.

Basically:

1) That sync system is extremely non-intuitive.
2) Please tell me theres a way to get that list of apps back because I REALLY don't want to re-buy all of those apps. :mad:

Thanks guys.

~Cheers.

If you had a backup app, just log into that and your paid apps should return.

Upvote 0
Look for "Your app lists" on the left hand side.
One of the list will be Apps On phone, see if you have anyother apps list. If you don't then yes they're gone.

Next time make sure to create a Backup List "I know that bites, I had to learn the hard way too".

I've done like the previous poster said and I just use Astro and backup all my apps as I no longer use AppBrain.

Reactions: gear.h34d.2012
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones