1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

got scammed into buying stolen htc hero now what?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by porkchop2087, Feb 18, 2011.

1. porkchop2087

porkchop2087 Lurker
    None

Feb 17, 2011
    Long story.. bought HTC hero off Craigslist they said it worked on ntelos I called ntelos gave them number on back of phone they said it. Was ok and can be programmed at store I gave the people 90 for it went to. Ntelos and they said they couldn't program it and at that point I knew I got screwed by them I tried to call the people who sold it to me they wouldn't answer of course . I couldn't let this happen to me called police they wouldn't do anything I even had. The persons liscence plates didn't matter. So I took it into my own hands and the nex5 day I was going thru the phone and found the mobile directory number which was whoever had it before me I called it and asked them if they had a HTC hero before because I think I hace their old phone and they said they live in Alaska and was.stationed in virginia where I live and they lost it then called n got a replacement and reported it stolen so I said I can't do anything with the phone till he calls and gets the phone released or somethin cuz why else would it not be able to be activated I think his account is still linked to this phone somehow I just don't kno what to do somebody have any. Ideas?

Advertisement

2. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time...
    None

Jul 9, 2010
    Male
    Engineer
    'neath a cactus
    Welcome to the Android Forums!

Unfortunately I don't think there is any way to release the ESN of a phone that has been reported as stolen...

3. amlothi

amlothi Android Expert
    None

Jul 23, 2010
    Stop using craigslist.

Unfortunately, that's probably the only thing you can do right now. You might also want to ditch the phone. IANAL, but you could be charged with "possession of stolen property".

4. customerfirst4

None

Feb 18, 2011
    nTelos Customer Care
    I am a customer care representative for nTelos. I was wondering if there was anyway you could email me directly with your account information and the esn off the back of the hero you purchased? I've actually taken this issue to my manager and we're going to see what we can do to help you with the phone but I would need to do some research to help you out :) my email is customerfirst@ntelos.com and I look forward to your response!!