• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

got scammed into buying stolen htc hero now what?

Long story.. bought HTC hero off Craigslist they said it worked on ntelos I called ntelos gave them number on back of phone they said it. Was ok and can be programmed at store I gave the people 90 for it went to. Ntelos and they said they couldn't program it and at that point I knew I got screwed by them I tried to call the people who sold it to me they wouldn't answer of course . I couldn't let this happen to me called police they wouldn't do anything I even had. The persons liscence plates didn't matter. So I took it into my own hands and the nex5 day I was going thru the phone and found the mobile directory number which was whoever had it before me I called it and asked them if they had a HTC hero before because I think I hace their old phone and they said they live in Alaska and was.stationed in virginia where I live and they lost it then called n got a replacement and reported it stolen so I said I can't do anything with the phone till he calls and gets the phone released or somethin cuz why else would it not be able to be activated I think his account is still linked to this phone somehow I just don't kno what to do somebody have any. Ideas?

I am a customer care representative for nTelos. I was wondering if there was anyway you could email me directly with your account information and the esn off the back of the hero you purchased? I've actually taken this issue to my manager and we're going to see what we can do to help you with the phone but I would need to do some research to help you out :) my email is customerfirst@ntelos.com and I look forward to your response!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones