• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Got some new phones

Hi there Apple guy here, but no hard feelings, everybody has their own entitled opinion and as long as they enjoy their device, thats great!:)

Me and my 2 brothers got some new phones. I would like some thoughts on what you think...even haters...lol

One bro got a Samsung Galaxy S3

My other bro got an HTC One in graphite Silver. I read this was Top Rated Android device...? or was that the S4? Anyways,

I got the iPhone 5S. Haters gonna hate. Potatoes gonna potate...:D

Thoughts on who got the best phone? (out of the Androids) And, even if you wanna, tell me why I shouldn't haver gotten an Apple.

Thanks in advance guys!

OH, my Dad uses a Blackberry curve...:smokingsomb:

Welcome to Android Forums, Applesleeze! :)

Great phone in its day, and still very capable.

My other bro got an HTC One in graphite Silver

I prefer it in blue.... the anodised finish looks killer. :D

I read this was Top Rated Android device...? or was that the S4?

It depends who and what you read. That's the thing with Android handsets.... there's plenty of choice so it's really down to what floats your particular boat.

I got the iPhone 5S. Haters gonna hate. Potatoes gonna potate...:D

LOL!

No hate here, mate. The 5S is a lovely piece of kit that suits some people more than others, just like my Sony Z. I'm probably in the minority though, in that I actually prefer the 5C. ;)

Thoughts on who got the best phone? (out of the Androids)

Whichever of your brothers is happiest with their purchase. That's all that matters in the end.

if you wanna, tell me why I shouldn't haver gotten an Apple.

Nope, 'cos it's your phone, your choice, and your money. What anyone else thinks is irrelevant.

OH, my Dad uses a Blackberry curve...:smokingsomb:

:eek:

Upvote 0
I could tell you why -I- won't buy an iPhone, but you are not me. I don't know your tastes, preferences, investment in an ecosystem, etc.

I would personally take an HTC One over the S4 right now, I just like the styling better and how much more light-weight Sense is over Touchwiz. I had the chance to play around with a buddy's One Max and I was genuinely impressed with it. If my Samsung TV were a year or two newer, I could see some more advantages to me buying a Samsung Galaxy though.

And between the One and the S3? The One for sure, but it's not a fair comparison because the S3 is a previous generation phone. S4/One is a more direct comparison.

Upvote 0
My other bro got an HTC One in graphite Silver. I read this was Top Rated Android device...? or was that the S4? Anyways,
Thoughts on who got the best phone? (out of the Androids)

HTC One and Galaxy S4 are two of the top rated phones right now - both are good devices.

Personally I like the S3 over the HTC One, but everyone is different - as long as they have the features you want they should be fine. Hope you and your brothers like your new phones :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones