• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Got some questions? think they're stupid? POST 'EM HERE

Can anyone suggest anything to help improve my battery im running cm7

turn of auto sync and background data keep wifi off when not in use do not use task killers or battery widgets they do more harm than good this should help i knows theres more u can do just cant think of it now oh and i turn the screen brightness all the way down yeah turn off gps this will help alot

Upvote 0
Hello everyone. So I been using Zedge wallpapers and ringtones, I dled a few ringtones but when I try to send them using messaging from file manager I keep getting a fc with the messaging. Anyone else experiencing this. Would like to know why and is their a fix. Thank you.

I had zedge installed in mine and it worked for a little bit but evenutally FC on just about everything. If you're just using it for ringtones (not wallpapers) I would suggest installing Make a Ringtone MP3 PRO (from mick graten) from the market. It works great and I havent had any issues dowloading, creating or sending ringtones. Hope this helps!

Reactions: KOLIO and Gmash
Upvote 0
Ok so my parents are giving my lil brother my phone for 2 weeks cause he's going to by and I really don't want him messing with my contacts texting random people on my phone so I want to know if there's a way to make him only be able to call people an them call him so is there a way to just lock all the other things on there other than calling

Upvote 0
Ok so my parents are giving my lil brother my phone for 2 weeks cause he's going to by and I really don't want him messing with my contacts texting random people on my phone so I want to know if there's a way to make him only be able to call people an them call him so is there a way to just lock all the other things on there other than calling

nope!!!

Upvote 0

Try perfect app lock pro ;)

Upvote 0
sync your contacts with google and back em up to your sdcard. The move the backup to your PC. Add your lil brother a google acct to your phone, then delete your acct off the phone. When you get your phone back, add your acct back to your phone, del his acct, sync with google. If syncing doesnt work, the n put the backup on your sdcard and import.

Upvote 0
Try auto rotation control from the market. It will still get stuck sometimes, but you just open the app and change the rotation controls and it will work again. No need to reboot.

this works. i downloaded it and unfortunately u have to turn off all rotations except 90 degrees, reboot and then u should be good. ive been runnin cm6 for 3 days straight now with autorotation still working. used to stop after a few hours. also if ur having mass reboots, change ur OC settings to 671 max/245 min on demand. no more rebooting. laters.

Upvote 0
Long story short, I got a job at a local hotel and there's been a Cricket phone in the lost and found for a month or so. I took it in hopes of being able to make it work on Verizon. i haven't had a phone since february so i'm trying to make this one work..

It seems easy but i'm having a hard time trying to figure out how to do it specifically Cricket to Verizon. I've looked on Google and all but it looks like everything is Verizon to Cricket, not the other way around.. so, if anyones done it before, where'd you do it at? if you did it yourself, what guide did you follow? any help or pointers is appreciated, i'm stumped

Upvote 0
I have been ghosting this forum for a while and I have not been able to find anything dealing with the Huawei Ascend's trackball not working :( <-sad face

I'm not sure if I am overlooking it or not, so any help would be greatly appreciated in helping me troubleshoot :)

Thanks in advance!
Hi and welcome! The only time I can remember a trackball problem, they used alcohol and a Q-tip to clean around the ball. Have you tried re booting just in case its just a software glitch? Sorry I can't be more helpful. If all else fails, it should still be under warranty, since the phone hasn't even been out for a year yet.

Upvote 0
I just had some one give me there old cricket phone and would like to changs the service to the provider that I am currently using as this would be use verry little and the service is a prepay that just doesnot coust that much .02 text .05 talk .10 meg data

how would I go about getting the msl for this phone

huawei ascend m860

Upvote 0
I just had some one give me there old cricket phone and would like to changs the service to the provider that I am currently using as this would be use verry little and the service is a prepay that just doesnot coust that much .02 text .05 talk .10 meg data

how would I go about getting the msl for this phone

huawei ascend m860

I don't think you can but i heard of people flashing to different services. not sure, sorry

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones