• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Got some questions? think they're stupid? POST 'EM HERE

i was wondering if cricket would let me trade my huawei ascend i had for 16 days already for the huawei ascend 2 without having to buy the phone out right??

I would give it a shot,especially if you bought it at a brick & mortar store, whether it's a franchise or corporate store.
You've got a compelling argument to get at least a partial credit for your phone,being WHY were you not informed of the soon to be released ASCEND II?
Don't walk,RUN,back to the point of purchase.Time is working against you @ this point.The longer you wait,the less chance of getting a full or partial credit toward an ASCEND II.
Legally,I doubt if they are bound to do anything in your favor @ this point,however,if you speak to the store/regional manager,I imagine a reasonable compromise could be negoiated.
Please keep us updated w/your eventual outcome w/your situation.

Upvote 0
So I just got my phone replaced through the warranty as I was having issues with it, however I'm curious if it was a refurbished phone as the screen has a spot on it near the top that is a white pin size dot. Is there a way for me to check the life timer of the phone to see if it i new or not?
Settings> about phone> device info> refurbish info.
It's probably a refurb if you didnt raise hell about wanting a new one.

Upvote 0

So I've looked under device info and googled a few abbreviations to try and learn what all this junk means and the only things I see that seems off is that my MDN and MIN no longer match (which from what I read doesn't really indicate anything of importance and the number did not come back as a cell phone number in the yellow pages), the other that I question is that under device version and date the date is listed 5/18/2011... so out of my total cluelessnes I still cannot determine if it was a refurb or not. Is there something I'm still overlooking? :thinking:

Upvote 0

So I've looked under device info and googled a few abbreviations to try and learn what all this junk means and the only things I see that seems off is that my MDN and MIN no longer match (which from what I read doesn't really indicate anything of importance and the number did not come back as a cell phone number in the yellow pages), the other that I question is that under device version and date the date is listed 5/18/2011... so out of my total cluelessnes I still cannot determine if it was a refurb or not. Is there something I'm still overlooking? :thinking:

Upvote 0

I believe CRICKET ASCENDS have that information listed & METRO does not.
I remember that from a few months ago.Check my posts & I believe BlastGt1 posts for reference.

Reactions: Gmash
Upvote 0
Brand new to smart phones, so please, someone help me get started.
1. Will rooting my phone give me access to files say like a computers root directory?
2. Is there a better web browser for Ascend than Mozzilla? One that can capture photos like MSIE?
3. If I am fairly computer literate, or better, is rooting risky for a newbie.
Thanks to anyone how wants to help. I'm sure you haven't heard the last of me yet!

Reactions: xJasonx
Upvote 0
Brand new to smart phones, so please, someone help me get started.
1. Will rooting my phone give me access to files say like a computers root directory?
2. Is there a better web browser for Ascend than Mozzilla? One that can capture photos like MSIE?
3. If I am fairly computer literate, or better, is rooting risky for a newbie.
Thanks to anyone how wants to help. I'm sure you haven't heard the last of me yet!

1. yes to files that you couldn't access before.
2.i have no idea but dolphin mini and opera is fast
3.no its 95% you will be sussesful in rooting, it's rare that people brick their phones in rooting, just follow every step

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones