• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Got the charge in phx at 10:45am..

Outsider(Avid HustlaZ)

Aug 12, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
I traded my thunderbolt and i gotta say this phone rocks...but i am upset at sum things..theres no music widget and for some reason my LED lights that show if u have a message or email are not working..has anyone else had this problem? Is there a switch in the settings that needs to be turned on? Other than those things the phone is great and responsive..share your thoughts too.

I traded my thunderbolt and i gotta say this phone rocks...but i am upset at sum things..theres no music widget and for some reason my LED lights that show if u have a message or email are not working..has anyone else had this problem? Is there a switch in the settings that needs to be turned on? Other than those things the phone is great and responsive..share your thoughts too.

There's many music widget alternatives like PowerAmp...best one IMO.
As for the LED light...there's no notification light on this phone, just like the Samsung Fascinate. Which IMO was a pretty dumb thing for Samsung to leave out. Hey, what can ya do...otherwise I hear the phone completely rocks..

Upvote 0
just curious, why did you switch from the TB? Is it laggy at all?

Its not laggy but the battery is terrible...and it does random reboots, battery gets hot quick fast and thats bout it...the tb is a good phone but the reviews on this phone are better such as battery life, display quality and even sound quality..

Upvote 0
I have the TB and am not happy at all with the battery life. I end up not using the phone to kill time when I travel because of the battery draining so fast. I have done all the tricks suggested, but still end up at 20% with minimal usage. The weight is also annoying.

I tried the charge at the VZ store tonight. Much lighter, bright screen. There was a noticeable slight delay when switching between home screens that the TB did not have. Do you notice that?

I will be VERY curious to hear about your battery life!

Upvote 0
I have the TB and am not happy at all with the battery life. I end up not using the phone to kill time when I travel because of the battery draining so fast. I have done all the tricks suggested, but still end up at 20% with minimal usage. The weight is also annoying.

I tried the charge at the VZ store tonight. Much lighter, bright screen. There was a noticeable slight delay when switching between home screens that the TB did not have. Do you notice that?

I will be VERY curious to hear about your battery life!

Actually yes i notice that the switching between screens is way smoother and screen is at least 10x brighter...ill be honest i havent yet charged the phone all the way but it was at 25% and i was using it for 4hours and it just barely hit 5% so i know it holds a great charge reviewers have said that they tested it out and off of one charge it lasted from 9am-9pm the next day...

Upvote 0
Actually yes i notice that the switching between screens is way smoother and screen is at least 10x brighter...ill be honest i havent yet charged the phone all the way but it was at 25% and i was using it for 4hours and it just barely hit 5% so i know it holds a great charge reviewers have said that they tested it out and off of one charge it lasted from 9am-9pm the next day...

I noticed the lag between screens on the Charge, not the TB. Did you notice that? I know its processor and ram are less....maybe that is the cause?

Upvote 0
for those of you that switched from TB, did you have to pay full retail of $569?

Nope...what i did was i had a upgrade when i had my droid x so i gave my x to my bro nd did the upgrade with the tb luckily the charge came out 5 days later nd i just payed the 35$ restocking fee + difference of phone came out to 90$

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones