• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Got the Galaxy S yet?

Okay, I'm here seeking your professional help, seeing as from what I read above, you sound like you know Android really well.

I'm coming off of 7 years on Blackberrys, and I just got a Sam i896 on Rogers. And I am frustrated as hell with it. Now I don't know if its cuz I'm new to Android, or if this model stinks. Here's the info:

Firmware: 2.1 Update1
Baseband: i896uxji2
Kernel: 2.6.29 (root@sep-58 #2
Build: Eclair.uxji2

Here's whats frustrating me:
Battery Life!!! I'm making 10-12 hours with everything turned off, and minor use. Couple of you tube vids, facbook and a couple of calls. I thought the point of a cool phone was to use it? Yes I have drained it dead, twice.

Alarm clock: only plays 45sec of MP3 file, then shuts off? How does that wake anyone up? My BB would play it on repeat for a hour!

No way to just set a ringer profile?

No spell check?

Everything is hours or days behind in notification. Just got emails a minute ago that were sent to me yesterday. Facebook is hours and days behind on some things.

Same prob with Kies as everyone else. And the the non-accessible drives that show up when you plug it in. (Win XP SP3 OS)

I do find the keyboards are a pain. Is there better ones?

Those are the major ones. I have 48 hours left in my exchange period. Thinking a Torch might have to be the ticket back to what I am comfortable. Hope you guys know what I am doing wrong.

Upvote 0
I am experiencing couple of issues on my galaxy s captivate. first incoming sms are 5 hours behind. message arrives right when it's sent from another user but the time stamp shows it 5 hours behind.

my second issue is that when i connect to kies it's asking to turn the phone into pc mode. i am using windows 7 32 bit. i have searched on google as well as checked the manual but not sure how to get turn this phone in to PC mode to sync with KIES. when i plug the cable then i get 3 options
1. kies firmware upgrade 2. multimedia mode 3. mass storage mode.
i have tried all three and i still can't access KIES.

battery life is pretty good. i have turned the screen brightness all the way down and it's still much brighter than iphone 4. this helped improve the battery life.

thanks in advanced.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones