• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Got the vibrant, have a question.

Hello all, I just got the Vibrant and when connecting via USB to the computer, the drivers are not able to install. Does anyone know where I can find the drivers so I can use the PDA net app etc?

Thanks

also if you are just trying to mount your phone, all you have to do is plug in the usb. pull down the notification bar, click usb, then click mount.

you dont need drivers to do that!

Upvote 0
Last night I tethered for an hour or so using PDA net and suddenly it shut off and I got this message
PDA net broadband driver is either not installed or need to reset, try to reboot your computer

I rebooted it and I am still getting the same message. I also get a PDA net msg saying "setting up broadband...." that never goes away.

What's up?

Upvote 0
Last night I tethered for an hour or so using PDA net and suddenly it shut off and I got this message
PDA net broadband driver is either not installed or need to reset, try to reboot your computer

I rebooted it and I am still getting the same message. I also get a PDA net msg saying "setting up broadband...." that never goes away.

What's up?

I'm having the exact same issue, Vista home premium...

Upvote 0

What's up?

I have PdaNet on 2 computers. One of them did the same thing. I never did figure it out, but rebooting didn't fix it. I resolved it by uninstalling it from the PC and reinstalling. Now it works again. It was an XP Netbook, it hasn't happened on my Win 7 laptop (yet anyway). Good luck.

Upvote 0
I got it to work on mine flawlessly, I'm not running windows 7 just XP, but it works perfect for me and this Vibrant seems faster than my Cliq did when I tethered.

So far I love this phone, awesome screen and hasn't missed a beat yet, I did a TON of reading on here about this phone, one min I was never getting it, than I was convinced, than never ever would I touch this phone and now hear it is in my hands!! What a roller coaster ride this was, being that this is only my 2nd android phone I was alil nervous, but happy with my decision so far.

Looking for cool apps if someone got some cool ones, I just wish I could listen to local radio stations on this phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones