• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Got to compared them myself, kinda

Hey, I was trying to have a conversation. I stated the facts, that I knew of, was corrected that there is 1 website that says otherwise. The "good clean fun" comments Earlymon made came off more as sarcastic insults. If you would read through my comments, I tried to have a normal conversation.

Oh ya got to ignore silly ol earlymon sometimes, with all the kittens being killed and all...

Upvote 0
Compared the EVO with the Captivate. Hands down, the super AMOLED is noticeably crisper. Text and pics were awesome. Touch and transitions were as or smoother. Although the Captivate screen felt like it had plastic screen protector on, I didn't think to ask.

Brought up same youtube video on both, with 3g on both, so did not do HQ on EVO. The EVO was better quality, interesting.

I'd love to see what Sprint has in store for their version.

the captivate uses gorilla glass, which prevents scratches and breakage/shatter. the evo doesn't... that is why the screens felt different

Upvote 0
And perhaps a proper comparison would be to hold up either phone with a calibrated HDTV in the background, so that the two (phone and TV) are relatively the same size - and compare with two movie sources running at the exact same time. I recommend Big Buck Bunny.

While your new, shiney SAMOLD is pretty swell, get over it, it's a mobile display and is in no way any more perfect than any other display.

The above test will prove that to you.

Actually, there is nothing on the market right now that can match the Super AMOLED in terms of screen quality. Even the "high-end" LED backlighted LCD's dont stand a chance with the contrast ratio/blacks on the Super AMOLED.

The only other technology that MIGHT stand a chance is another AMOLED TV. But so far there are only a handful that are out on the market ( Sony's, Samsung's and LG's) and their prices are just exorbitant.

OLED is a far superior display technology than LCD's.

Mark my words: in 3-5 years you wont be able to find a mobile phone with an LCD on it. OLED is the future.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones