• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Goto Lockscreen update--woot!

muab

Android Enthusiast
May 22, 2010
For the last month or so I have been running GOTO for my lockscreen and I really like it a ton....except for one thing.

Some people were complaining that pushing the "home" button could bypass your lock pattern etc.. but I found if my setting were all set correctly on my Mot Droid 1 that it never did that.
But what WAS a problem for me was opening the slide-out keyboard...that DID bypass my lock pattern basically making my phone insecure.

I still loved the lockscreen both in function and appearance so I kept it installed, emailed the Dev and complained about the problem.

I got the latest update yesterday and I flogged it all afternoon trying to bypass the lock pattern without success.

So at least on a D1 if you were shy of Goto before on the basis of security it looks like it is solid as a rock now.

GOTO - Android app on AppBrain

Cheers

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones