• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gotta give it up to AT&T

BrianJB

Android Enthusiast
Jun 19, 2010
I really have to give AT&T respect where respect is due...

I went into my local walmart (terre haute,in) and I was testing out my phone (sprint evo 4g) vs verizon thunderbolt vs (namesake, at&t)...Verizon was surprising the slowest @ .60 mbps.. Sprint came in 2nd @ 1.2mbps...but at&t was INSANELY fast @ 3.4mbps.

I tested all of these phones 3g speeds 3 times each using speed test.

I can't wait until my contract is up with sprint...At&t is the fastest...hands down.

It's probably that location only.

As far as 3G speeds go, AT&T and T-Mobile consistently blow away Sprint and Verizon. I believe it has something to do with CDMA vs GSM tech. That's the reason Sprint and Verizon were in such a rush to get a new 4G technology on the market.

When it comes to 4G, Verizon LTE should be blowing away everyone else easily, with T-Mobile following and then AT&T, with Sprint last. Sprint's WiMax barely outpaces AT&T 3G in many areas.

So I'm guessing that either Verizon doesn't have LTE available in your area yet, or it couldn't reach the Thunderbolt you used in Walmart.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones