1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root GPA12 Bricked My Phone...Help!!!!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by BlueIce5249, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Guest
    None
    I know my first droid It would not root or do an OTA update. When it would install and reboot to finish the installation it would just stay on the M logo screen and I would have to pull the battery to restart the phone but would revert to the old program. even factory reset would hang on the M screen. I had to get a new phone.

Like many has said Every droid is different and reacts to programs differently.

I am running the GPA12 rom with no problems.

Advertisement

2. joehuddy

joehuddy Lurker
    None

Sep 7, 2010
    My phone would be on but the screen would not light up. The only way I knew it was on is that I got phone calls and the green light would blink. I had to get a new phone for this

3. Gunner

Gunner Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 9, 2009
    This may just be a coincidence, but I tried to install a version of GPA12 on my Droid last night, and my phone went into a POST loop, the likes of which I've never seen before (on 3 different Droids). I was able to get back into SPR and nandroid restore, and all is well again. I'm not able to use CWR on this Droid for some reason, just won't boot into it. Not sure if that has something to do w/ it.

4. teddyearp

teddyearp Android Expert
    None

May 19, 2010
    Store Manager
    Pinetop, AZ
    Do NOT use this guide to root 2.2:

http://androidforums.com/droid-all-things-root/141116-guide-rooting-2-2-windows-linux.html

OMG even states as much in the preamble of that thread. Besides, what it is doing is use the SPRecovery_ESE81.sbf file which contains a 2.6.29 (2.1) kernel which will give your phone fits, that is why further down you NEED to use pete's FRG01B which will contain a 2.6.32 (2.2 compatable) kernel.

Anyways, for the OP, after you get your phone charged and such, try this guide of mine for using RSD Lite, it contains everything you'll need:

Restoring your phone when all else fails-LAST RESORT AND VERY RARE!!!

good luck

5. imjehh

imjehh Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 19, 2010
    someone in another thread noted that GB isnt really fit for our droids, because it is much more CPU intensive...i know it is more CPU intensive, but i thought our phones can handle it. Maybe im wrong though and theres a big chance of something going wrong, if not now then later down the road due to the extra wear on the CPU...
    some people run it and have no problems, while others have a few problems..maybe its just coincidence

6. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Guest
    None
    I am running petes GB rom and my phone is running the coolest it ever has. When I had froyo the lowest temp was like 98 F. with GB its 82F and running a slayer 1000 kernel OC to 1000.

7. BlueIce5249

BlueIce5249 Android Expert
    None

Mar 31, 2010
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Just got my phone replaced! This one has a broken keyboard and SD Card slot. But at least it works!!

8. imjehh

imjehh Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 19, 2010
    82F idle or after/during use?

Im in BB 0.6.2 and its around 70 idle, but 89 after or during use...I feel 89 is too high, i want to keep it lower for in-use

9. ShuttleXpC

ShuttleXpC Newbie
    None

Aug 3, 2010
    Anyone worrying about being rooted and going to Verizon...unless your phone is HEAVILY modified (ie colored text or custom boot logo) the employee's at Verizon are not going to know. Sure, some may...but the majority of the people I've got in almost every Verizon barely even know how to use phones, let alone notice anything different to them.