• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

GPRS connecting automatically

marc81

Lurker
Dec 31, 2011
Hi :)

Ive just got my galaxy ace and love it. The only problem i have is this; i want the phone to connect to my wireless when home, and use the GPRS when out and about to get on the internet. When i turn the packet data on though, it seems to periodically coonnect to the GPRS even when i have wireless. I found this out when i went to check my usage online and there was data usage in the middle of the night - not good! The only way i have found to get round this is by turning the packet data off but then every time i am out and want to go on the net i have to turn it back on in the settings which is a bit of a pain. Dies anyone know a way to solve this? I really dont want the phone to be eating in to my data alliwance when im sat at home with a wireless connection.

Many thanks

marc

Hi :)

Ive just got my galaxy ace and love it. The only problem i have is this; i want the phone to connect to my wireless when home, and use the GPRS when out and about to get on the internet. When i turn the packet data on though, it seems to periodically coonnect to the GPRS even when i have wireless. I found this out when i went to check my usage online and there was data usage in the middle of the night - not good! The only way i have found to get round this is by turning the packet data off but then every time i am out and want to go on the net i have to turn it back on in the settings which is a bit of a pain. Dies anyone know a way to solve this? I really dont want the phone to be eating in to my data alliwance when im sat at home with a wireless connection.

Many thanks

marc

you have maybe installed an app that you gave gprs privileges to. this means the app can use the gprs anytime it wants,.:)

Reactions: socrates0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones