• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root GPRS/EDGE not working for 1.6.3.4

APN settings are located in Menu > Wireless Controls > Mobile Network Settings > Access Point Names

you should see your service provider there with a highlighted circle indicating that that is your APN. now, if you don't have one, there are plenty of threads on here and throughout a search engine (or just call your provider to get the APN details). if you don't see anything on that APN screen, hit menu and then "New APN"

good luck and that should be the fix. i had the same problem when i did the upgrade too and was crapping my pants until i found out why.

Upvote 0
I have recently upgraded to the latest version of Android on my HTC Desire. Since then the GPRS service is not working. I took my phone to the service provider and they tried with the APN settings. The Mobile Network option in Wireless & Networks is grayed out and the message say turning on. Can someone help?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones