While making an 8 hour trek to Chicago this weekend, I learned something horrible about my dearest Incredible. She overheats, BADLY when I have my GPS on. Three hours into my drive, my phone actually shut down. So I was curious if anyone had any pointers, or had this happen as well? I had my screen at MINIMAL brightness, had the GPS on and had screen on to follow along, was streaming music from pandora as well. All updates for email/twitter/fb or anything were turned off. Now I had the phone on my shifter console, where there was no sun. But it was on it's back, so on the assumption that it couldn't "breathe", I wedged the top against the opening to my CD player so it was tilted. So air could get to the back of the phone, STILL my status for my battery was "over heat." I had no case, or holder on, nor did I plug it in to charge. After the phone shut down I took the back casing off, took the battery out, and let it sit on the floor and turned the A/C vents towards it. But really disappointed that my phone couldn't handle the trek. Anyone have any helpful tips about keeping their phone from overheating, or WHAT TO DO? Or if I damaged my phone? It overheated 3 times on my drive...and really disappointed I'm going to have to dust off my Garmin.