1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

GPS - Adjusting the destination locations?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Roroco, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Roroco

Roroco Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 10, 2009
    I am used to being able to take my current position on a map - or point to a position - and set it as a contact's position. I can't seem to figure out how to do this on the DROID.

Even though it is still a bit buggy (beta and all), I love the application, but I have noticed that specific addresses can be off by a block or two. I would like to be able to tell the phone that the correct position of this address is here.

Any thoughts?

Advertisement

2. GreyMouser

GreyMouser Member
    None

Nov 13, 2009
    The only thing I can think is to check it in Google Maps on a PC; they might just have faulty information, and it's going to the phone. I've sent in several corrections around my home over the past week, because it kept trying to send me down a private road.

Overall, I've been extremely impressed with the accuracy; the phone can actually lead me to storefronts in a mall, rather than just the street address where the shop "should" be.

3. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA
    None

Oct 24, 2009
    Real Estate Agent
    M A dub'l dolla sign
    I know you can select a destination by hitting the little bookmark type of icon next to the field you type the address into. It will let you pick your destination on the map by hand, if I remember right you do a long press and then you can select that point. I don't think you can save it over another address though.