1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Gps and screenlock problem.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Xandarb, Aug 27, 2011.

1. Xandarb

Xandarb New Member

Aug 27, 2011
    Hello!

So, I have this problem with my GPS on my brand new Samsung Galaxy S2 phone.
    I would like to put the Maps app on, lock the screen and drive away (I have a motorcycle, so the phone is in my pocket when I drive). When I then approach the destination (and not exactly knowing where to go next) I would like to take my phone and instantaneously know where I should go.

Here is the problem: The GPS signal is always lost when I unlock the screenlock. Probably some fancy battery-saver that turns off the GPS when not needed :p.
    Is there any way to have constant GPS updating? I do realize that my battery will be drained quickly and I do have "unlimited" packet data available.

Thank you!
    Alexander

Advertisement

2. hectorj84

hectorj84 Member

Dec 4, 2011
    I am stuck with the same issue, and no answers. The Samsung Stratosphere has the same issue. I switched to Verizon and I'm looking for a phone that doesn't have this issue.

My friend's Droid X doesn't seem to have that issue. I used to do fine with my Samsung Galaxy Indulge as well, it would keep the GPS fix the entire time that I had the screen locked. I use it for hiking, so GPS on the whole time is a MUST to track my trail, but screen off is necessary to conserve battery.

3. Russell Ng

Russell Ng Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Male
    Engineer
    Kuala Lumpur