• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

GPS App for Car

julio529

Lurker
Aug 23, 2012
A friend uses MotionX app for iphones to get turn by turn directions on his car in dash display for turn by turn directions. does anyone know of android app that does the same. MotionX is not available for android phones. my car is gps ready and i have a 6"x8" display. i didn't get the gps because i read lots of bad reviews on the OEM gps. thanks

Thank you for the welcome. how do you get google maps to display in your car in dash display.
Is this the built in display on the car? I was thinking it was an android phone. I'm not sure if you can install it on the car gps unit. But with an Android phone and a mount, you can install Google Maps from the Play store.

Hope that helps.

Upvote 0
Is this the built in display on the car? I was thinking it was an android phone. I'm not sure if you can install it on the car gps unit. But with an Android phone and a mount, you can install Google Maps from the Play store.

Hope that helps.
it is the built in display in the car. MotionX has a feature call In-car support. This features allows you display gps and some other options on your cars built in display. it works sort of like a car dock app. however, they don't make the app for Android.

Upvote 0
Hmmm.... I'm going to say that it's not possible, but who knows, maybe someone else has an answer.

Do you have an android device you could use? With the latest google Maps you can download a portion of the map via wifi and view it offline.... which might be able to help a bit. If you have an android device that is.

Good luck!

Upvote 0
Hmmm.... I'm going to say that it's not possible, but who knows, maybe someone else has an answer.

Do you have an android device you could use? With the latest google Maps you can download a portion of the map via wifi and view it offline.... which might be able to help a bit. If you have an android device that is.

Good luck!
so i finally find the a company that actually has app and or that allows you to integrate your cell phone with your in dash lcd. here is the website hope it helps you guys. it's pretty cool. Video,Audio Information Solutions for Toyota and Lexus (iPod/iPhone, USB, MP3, XM/Sirius SAT Radio, Video integration) unfotunately it's not compatible with the current android phone i have. so if anyone tries this, please post a review. thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones