• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Gps assisted location services and battery

Bmj7

Lurker
Aug 8, 2010
I use the battery control widgets to leave gps off when I'm not using it.when I do plan on using it t hough I want to use the assisted location services.if I turn on the assisted location services but leave gps off will there be any extra battery draining that wouldn't happen ifthe location services was still off?i may just have to turn the services on each time I toggle the gps widget but that is quite inconvenient...

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that aGPS is used for when you dial 911 and they need to locate your position as accurately as possible. Regular GPS use is for Google Maps, etc.

Also, WTF is going on with the forums the past few minutes? It seems that I keep losing and regaining connection to them. :( It's not my Internet connection because I don't lose connection to anything else. :S

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones