• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

GPS Bluetooth

dalegg

Nov 4, 2009
I use Bluetooth to connect to my landline phone whan I am home. All my phones ring all over my house when my Droid rings. I can leave Bluetooth on all the time but I am afraid that will drain my battery. Is there any app that will turn Bluetooth on and off when I arrive/leave my house?

There are a couple of phones that do it but the best one is the one I have, the Panasonic model KX-TG6581.

I just leave Bluetooth on all the time and when I walk into my house, my cell phone rings all over the house on the land line phones. I don't miss any calls when I am in the shower anymore. I think the phone with two remotes is around $100 but you can buy more remotes if that is not enough.

Upvote 0
Locale or tasker should work for what you need. Both are paid apps that you can set timers for pretty much anything, and both do much much more

I have Tasker installed but I haven't spent any time learning how to use it. In my previous life, I was a programmer and I have an aversion to learning any new programming languages but I guess I will have to bite the bullet on this one or buy Locale.

Upvote 0
In tasker you should just have two time based profiles that repeat daily, one toggles on the bluetooth around the time you get home, the other to toggle off around the time you go to work.

I've only read up on it though, I don't have it myself since I don't have much of a reason to get it.

Also, Locale seems a bit more user friendly.

Upvote 0
In tasker you should just have two time based profiles that repeat daily, one toggles on the bluetooth around the time you get home, the other to toggle off around the time you go to work.

I've only read up on it though, I don't have it myself since I don't have much of a reason to get it.

Also, Locale seems a bit more user friendly.

I would have to do it based on location because I come and go all day. Locale says GPS eats your battery but that is not an issue for me. I have an external battery charger so I just roate batteries.

Upvote 0
Dalegg,

I have the same Panasonic phone system as you and almost the same setup. I drop my DroidX into a media dock and then I use Tasker to detect the dock and turn Bluetooth on. When I pull the phone out of the dock, Tasker turns Bluetooth off. I do the same thing with the car dock when I'm in the car.

You could try a location based task (I do this with WiFi), but it's not always reliable.

Play around with Tasker if you have time. If you get stuck, there are several Tasker gurus here that seem to always have great ideas!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones