1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support GPS bug

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Guardian, Jul 24, 2010.

1. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

Jul 19, 2010
    Today my droid x has been telling me that I am in NY when I actually live in pittsburgh pa. I have all the gps options on and its still inaccurate. The gps icon is actually slowly moving across the state as if it where a plane...

Can anyone help? I already rebooted...

Edit: Now I cannot even find a location. This blows.

Advertisement

2. ckochinsky125

Dec 5, 2009
    Im not sure i know some people were having this problem on their inc's i personally cant help i never had this issue. Did you try calling verizon?

3. unknowndroid

unknowndroid Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2009
    Are you connected via WiFi? Sometimes that can throw you off, especially if you have a router that has moved with you from another location. Try turning off everything EXCEPT GPS Satellite and see of that makes a difference.

4. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary

Mar 5, 2010
    Male
    space alien ;)
    Indy
    Yep, +1: turn off / on the GPS and this should fix you up. Had a friend with an Evo (okay, its still an Android device :D) who had this problem a few weeks ago and turning off/on the GPS fixed it. Cheers!

5. bushor

bushor Active Member

Apr 10, 2010
    When I'm at work we have a network booster and it shows me in westport, ct rather than south eastern ct... But this is only inside the building. Not sure if you or maybe someone in a close proximity could be affecting you in a similar fashion... Just a shot...

Guardian likes this.