1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

GPS.conf

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bg4m3r, Nov 5, 2014.

1. bg4m3r

bg4m3r Android Expert

Could someone upload the stick GPS.conf file, preferably from z3? My gps has crapped out, I think partially due to me messing with the conf file.

Is anyone else having gps issues?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. bg4m3r

bg4m3r Android Expert

Thanks bro!

3. bg4m3r

bg4m3r Android Expert

Well that didn't help. :/

GPS Status says 24 sats available, but I'm only getting 1 fix at best. I've recalibrated the compass, cleared the gps cache, even downloaded assistance data. Just wiped dalvik and system cache too.

Anyone have any suggestions?

If all else fails, I'm going to reflash everything.

4. spunky168

spunky168 Newbie

Have you tried fixing your gps.conf file with FasterGPS (can download from play store)?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.fastergps&hl=en

Download and install. Only change the NTP server setting. Select "North America", of course, "USA".

I don't know if this may help or not.

Spunky168

bg4m3r likes this.
  5. bg4m3r

bg4m3r Android Expert

I've added the servers myself already. Not FasterGPS, but something similar is what messed up the conf file to start with... It wiped everything out of the file except the server list.

6. bg4m3r

bg4m3r Android Expert

Installed FasterGPS, it's working now. :) I had tried it before, but it was crashing when I tried to set my country. Thanks fit suggesting it. :)

donjuro likes this.
  7. spunky168

spunky168 Newbie

Glad to hear it. Knock on wood, but I have been using FasterGPS for years and never had any problem with it with my SIII, Galaxy tabs, and now my LG.

Let me know what settings you use that works best for you.

Spunky168

8. bg4m3r

bg4m3r Android Expert

Honestly, I'm not real sure what all the settings effect and haven't had time to look into it. I just set the location stuff for now.

9. trichome

trichome Newbie

you guys helped fix my GPS too. I downloaded the cfg and copied it. Nada. Downloaded fasterGPS and updated region. Nada. Downloaded GPS Status and Toolbar. It downloaded something and voila! Tons of sats and instant lock on GPS only location. THANKS! I think it was everything I did that fixed it as Id run GPS Status before and got nothing. I was going to order a new phone from Amazon and downgrade this one back to stock V3 and return it lol. This was a really pervasive problem as itd lock up my data connection and require a reboot to get data back if at all until the phone saw fit. This was a bitch on a recent drive through the least populated and rugged part of the country.

LG Volt Forum

The LG Volt release date was May 2014. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon 400 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

May 2014
Release Date
Reviews