1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Gps conked out

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gbenj, May 27, 2010.

1. gbenj

gbenj Well-Known Member

In the car, the gps worked fine de the trip TO where I was going, but it hasnt been working at all on the way back. No lock at all.

Only thing I can think that I may have done to it between then and now is killed a "shopsavvy" process while I was in the supermarket because it was trying to get a lock while i was inside...could i have done something to it?

Any ideas what i could try to fix?

Thanks

2. drhill

drhill Android Expert

Rule #1. Don't kill apps unless they are freaking out.

Try turning off the phone and turning it back on. If you don't want shop savvy to get a fix just disable that option in preferences.

3. gbenj

gbenj Well-Known Member

Thanks for that rule, I will follow it from now on after having to do a factory reset to get gps back up and running.

I tried restarting, removing battery for a few min, uninstalling applications that used gps, installed some test ones to see if it was using sats at all, which it wasn't, spent a few minutes on the phone with VZW tech support, no help, and she recommended factory reset.

next time I have to do a hard reset though, I will be more careful about backing up my data, took me a while to get my list of apps back on the phone...

Thanks anyway

HTC Droid Incredible Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible release date was April 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

April 2010
Release Date
Reviews