1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

GPS Data Conn Lost, Searching Directions Loop

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gapi, Dec 28, 2011.

1. gapi

gapi Android Expert

Well, I already have an unreliable notification light and will be swapping her if no OTA comes out to fix it but I may not wait for until 1/14/2012 to do it now.........

• I keep getting "data connection Lost" announcements when trying to navigate. Its a 50/50 crap shoot frequency.
    • When this happens The searching for directions spinner searches until I stop the app. I can see my moving location under the overlay and its accurate but no directions...
    • I noted the Signal meter bars had 3 or 4 bars but were "Gray" instead of blue.
    I get this way too much and in populated areas. So before I take it in I would like to know if you folks know the deal with my symptoms?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. gapi

gapi Android Expert

Answered my own question by calling Verizon. The gray bars mean no data. They are having network issues.

3. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande?

This would happen very rarely to my Nexus One - I think the Nav app has a bug that can cause it to go into a waiting for signal state, but it's not actually looking for signal.

Seemed restarting the app fixed it though.

4. speede541

speede541 Android Enthusiast

Similar problems for me today. Not sure if/why the GPS is related to the data connection, but I was losing my GPS signal around the same time the 4G data connection went down across Verizon's system. I don't know what to make of that, so I'll be watching it carefully. I hope there's a correlation, but can't imagine how one relates to the other (other than loss of the aGPS, which I thought only came into play on obtaining an initial location fix).

5. gapi

gapi Android Expert

The relation I see is how the GPS is working fine. I can see my location moving accurately under the "Searching For Directions" overlay. So the base GPS function of showing one where he is on the map is good.
    Without the data we get no routing or layers features.
    It may be we are guinea pigs in the young LTE world.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews