1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support gps doesn't work on D3

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by adm4091, Aug 5, 2011.

1. adm4091

adm4091 Lurker
    None

Nov 27, 2009
    gps doesn't work (Maverick, gps test, etc.) no satellites detected, even in a clear location. I've tried all the location options and finally called tech sppt. I'm in Europe with data roaming turned off. That shouldn't affect the standalone gps, but that was their only guess, other than a bad D3. Anyone else?

Advertisement

2. yellowfish87

yellowfish87 Lurker
    None

Aug 5, 2011
    Did you try turning it on and off? My D3 has done that twice...no satellites even when I have full bars, but once I power it off and back on it works flawlessly. It's a pain, but I think it's necessary to reset your smartphone at least once a day for it to run at its optimal.

3. ekyle

ekyle Android Expert
    None

Jan 5, 2010
    Male
    Software Engineer
    Central NY
    When it gives out like that just go into settings and disable all location services and re-enable them. That works for me.

As for it not working in Europe; read the #1 footnote at the bottom of the page here.

4. adm4091

adm4091 Lurker
    None

Nov 27, 2009
    Yes, I've off/onned and removed battery (broken fingernail to prove). My next step is to factory reset, but I need to get back to the states with a working phone, first.

5. romshark

romshark Member
    None

Dec 10, 2010
    Virginia Beach, VA
    3rd party software doesn't seem to work well with the GPS on Droid 3 yet. I've had 2 different Droid 3s, and both showed nothing in GPS Test, GPS Satus, Tricorder, ect. But still works fine with Google Maps. Probably Verizon Navigator too (haven't tested that.)
    So it's not just your phone.