• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

GPS Fix 9/18/2010 Over the Air

lol i have given up on waiting for an update... with bionix 1.2 rom my phone is flawless anyway.

I've had my eye on that one...care to elaborate? Never flashed a custom ROM before and am somewhat hesitant.

What did you use to flash? Odin or ROM Manager? Odin sounds like a pain in the rear.

What's different in the custom ROM? Any better with the GPS and lag? Do tell! Details man, details! :)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Well I just checked for firmware updates under settings and while it has always said no firmware, today it came up with DM initialization is not ready. Check network or sim card.

Is there an update out there as of today? Why am I getting this message? Does this have to do with the fact that I rooted my phone and applied the one click lag fix a while ago? Or is it that I'm in an area with no 3G coverage but only edge?

*false alarm. I just reset my phone and it says no firmware again.

Upvote 0
Hey good news, I saw T-Mobile Ceo out on a jog with his dog, when he wasn't watching I fed his dog some Bush's Baked Beans. Boy does that stuff work, dog started talking! Update is coming Sept 29, woof woof. I'm so funny, I can't stop laughing:rolleyes:

Okay here is another joke, this one I stole.

A blond police officer pulls a fellow blond over, she asks the other blond for her license and registration...she hands the registration over and asks what the license looks like. The cop says it's small rectangular and has your picture. She ruffles through her purse and says ah-ha...here it is.. hands the cop a mirror. The cop looks and says, oohhh I'm sorry ma'am I didn't know you were a cop.

okay here is another joke:
An American, Russian, and a blonde are talking, the American says, "we were the first on the moon." The Russian says, "well we were the first to go into space." The blond says, "I'm gonna be the first to go to the Sun." The American says, "are you crazy, you'll burn!" The blond says "do you think I'm dumb, I'm going at night."

Funny Jokes APP, by Swiss Codemonkeys :)

Upvote 0
Well I just checked for firmware updates under settings and while it has always said no firmware, today it came up with DM initialization is not ready. Check network or sim card.

Is there an update out there as of today? Why am I getting this message? Does this have to do with the fact that I rooted my phone and applied the one click lag fix a while ago? Or is it that I'm in an area with no 3G coverage but only edge?

*false alarm. I just reset my phone and it says no firmware again.

I get that message all the time. I have to reset my phone to see if I have an update.

Upvote 0
Well, the case of the Behold II's support vs the Galaxy S' support ARE a bit different ;->

The B2 was one phone handled by one carrier.

The Galaxy S is all over the friggin' planet (They're advertising the hell out of it in China right now).

So needless to say, they have quite a bit more riding on the success of the Galaxy S than they did on the Behold II ;->

Oh, as for a release date, the small lump of green putty I found under my armpit one midsummer's morning claims that the GPS fix, Lag Fix, and Android 3.0 will all be bundled together, and released on February 30th, 2011.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones