• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

GPS Fix 9/18/2010 Over the Air

As long as people are throwing dates out, I heard TMobile will be releasing the GPS update along with Froyo update on 12/21/2012. How do I know? My great, great ancestors were Mayans and I dug up an old parchment from the basement which said so. The parchment said 'The Galaxy's miseries will come to an end on 12/21/2012' and I am sure by that, the Mayans meant the Galaxy S miseries. I am going with that prediction since they had the foresight to predict there will be a device called mobile phone and a model called Galaxy S.

Reactions: truoc444 and azrhei
Upvote 0
As long as people are throwing dates out, I heard TMobile will be releasing the GPS update along with Froyo update on 12/21/2012. How do I know? My great, great ancestors were Mayans and I dug up an old parchment from the basement which said so. The parchment said 'The Galaxy's miseries will come to an end on 12/21/2012' and I am sure by that, the Mayans meant the Galaxy S miseries. I am going with that prediction since they had the foresight to predict there will be a device called mobile phone and a model called Galaxy S.

This guy seems legit.

Reactions: jscarano
Upvote 0

You should go pro dude. You could be the Nostradamus of this century.

Upvote 0

this

Upvote 0

This and hear they are reverting back to 1.6

Upvote 0
well i was on the phone with tmobile earlier, dude said they were gonna start rolling out froyo along with the gps fix tomorrow......dunno if he was blowing smoke up my butt but i dont doubt it

Lol. I guess another "real" update in the midst of all the joking never hurts.

Looks like vibrant/galaxy s will be the last of the new super phones to get 2.2. By how much is now the question.

Upvote 0
This and hear they are reverting back to 1.6

My Cliq is still stuck on 1.5. Won't take much for Samsung and T-Mobile to be faster than Motorola and T-Mobile. The Cliq was slated for 2.0 in Q2 and at 7pm on June 30th they made the announcement that it would be delayed a few weeks. Apparently they misspelled months by spelling it "w" "e" "e" "k" "s"

I still have high hopes and love my phone since i rooted and installed a lag fix. GPS isn't a dealbreaker because i have an in-dash in my truck. But I do relate it to my Core 2 Duo MacBook is running OS9 with windows 3.1 running on the Boot Camp partition.

Upvote 0
My Cliq is still stuck on 1.5. Won't take much for Samsung and T-Mobile to be faster than Motorola and T-Mobile. The Cliq was slated for 2.0 in Q2 and at 7pm on June 30th they made the announcement that it would be delayed a few weeks. Apparently they misspelled months by spelling it "w" "e" "e" "k" "s"

I still have high hopes and love my phone since i rooted and installed a lag fix. GPS isn't a dealbreaker because i have an in-dash in my truck. But I do relate it to my Core 2 Duo MacBook is running OS9 with windows 3.1 running on the Boot Camp partition.

Now that's Stone Age!

Upvote 0
well if its any consolation, capivate users are having a tough time with the updates. There are reports of even crappier GPS, bricking, etc.. maybe T-Mo waited for everyone else to roll it out and see if it was a quality OTA or not =O
That is probably the result of AT&T's crappola 3G data network.

If Samsung had screwed up this update and it ended up causing more problems, I will be bidding adieu to Vibrant and TMo. They better get their shiznit together on this update.

Upvote 0
Thanks, BigDog. I thought so.

So I am wondering why Captivate users are getting the update before Vibrant?

Vibrant is probably the flagship phone and topseller on TMo. Captivate on AT&T....not so much. I wonder how many buy the Captivate on AT&T vs their #1 seller.

T-Mo has always been on the short bus when it comes to device updates. They usually release them after everybody else, which is actually a smart move. How many support calls do you think AT&T is getting about that OTA update that's not working well? Why do you think T-Mo consistently gets the best customer service rankings? They let other companies do the testing for them, and then release a quality update. That's one thing about T-Mo, their updates are pretty much always top notch. I'd rather wait an extra month or two than have to deal with more glitches.

Upvote 0
T-Mo has always been on the short bus when it comes to device updates. They usually release them after everybody else, which is actually a smart move. How many support calls do you think AT&T is getting about that OTA update that's not working well? Why do you think T-Mo consistently gets the best customer service rankings? They let other companies do the testing for them, and then release a quality update. That's one thing about T-Mo, their updates are pretty much always top notch. I'd rather wait an extra month or two than have to deal with more glitches.

Hmm...interesting. I can live with that if that's how they work. I wouldn't know about getting updates from T-Mobile yet...when I had my Bold 9700 I was always using the latest leaked version of OS 5. And they get leaked a lot! As it is, I'm using a custom ROM on my Vibrant. Fun stuff really. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones