1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support GPS Fix that worked for me...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TopherWV, Sep 27, 2010.

1. TopherWV

TopherWV Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Project Manager
    OH
    OK... i know the GPS woes like a lot of other people... and i know some of you are not having this problem. When i first got my phone Friday i was hoping i was one of the lucky people that didn't have the GPS bug or any other horror stories ive been reading about here.

But i did... the GPS would not lock for at least 10 minutes if that... I, like a lot of other people on here i assume, have a task killer that with just a tap i kill the background apps from running... What i noticed was Verizon Navigation was running in the background while using my GPS even though i use Google. yesterday i unchecked the VZNAV from killing and magically my GPS now gets a range of 3-8 meters in the house.

i'm not saying this is a cure all, but it worked for me... hope it does for you guys as well..

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    California
    I actually for lost yesterday using my gps. Couldn't track where I was at and I miss my destination

3. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Top Secret
    WA
    Well whatever works I suppose. Many of us who rooted have removed VZNav completely off our devices. I know I have and my GPS is accurate to 2m and locks in 2 seconds usually. Sadly, this GPS thing seems to plague a sizable minority of devices