• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help GPS Fix that worked for me...

TopherWV

Lurker
Sep 20, 2010
OH
OK... i know the GPS woes like a lot of other people... and i know some of you are not having this problem. When i first got my phone Friday i was hoping i was one of the lucky people that didn't have the GPS bug or any other horror stories ive been reading about here.

But i did... the GPS would not lock for at least 10 minutes if that... I, like a lot of other people on here i assume, have a task killer that with just a tap i kill the background apps from running... What i noticed was Verizon Navigation was running in the background while using my GPS even though i use Google. yesterday i unchecked the VZNAV from killing and magically my GPS now gets a range of 3-8 meters in the house.

i'm not saying this is a cure all, but it worked for me... hope it does for you guys as well..

Thanks!

OK... i know the GPS woes like a lot of other people... and i know some of you are not having this problem. When i first got my phone Friday i was hoping i was one of the lucky people that didn't have the GPS bug or any other horror stories ive been reading about here.

But i did... the GPS would not lock for at least 10 minutes if that... I, like a lot of other people on here i assume, have a task killer that with just a tap i kill the background apps from running... What i noticed was Verizon Navigation was running in the background while using my GPS even though i use Google. yesterday i unchecked the VZNAV from killing and magically my GPS now gets a range of 3-8 meters in the house.

i'm not saying this is a cure all, but it worked for me... hope it does for you guys as well..

Thanks!
Well whatever works I suppose. Many of us who rooted have removed VZNav completely off our devices. I know I have and my GPS is accurate to 2m and locks in 2 seconds usually. Sadly, this GPS thing seems to plague a sizable minority of devices

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones