• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Gps Google maps issues?

GClax24

Jan 23, 2010
Is anyone having an issue finding your location in Google maps? I keep getting the "your current location is temporarily unavailable" message. Before the update I would get fcs on Google maps 5 seconds after I started so I guess this is a step forward.

Anyway, I'm just checking to see if it's everyone or just me. I have both the gps and wifi location on.

Edit: Did a factory reset, nothing changed... I found one other person having this same problem in the xda tf700 forums, I'm currently waiting for a reply back from them. Might have to return it for the 2nd time :(

Edit 2: Ok, so I tethered my infinity to my rooted droids wifi and drove around while running gps test on both. Phone picked the satellites up faster at first but after the first 1/4 mile or so the infinity was up to par. I drove around like this for 4-5 miles in a big loop testing it by going through a town and a hilly heavily wooded area.

This brings me to the next part of the puzzle. Back at home, not so convinced after my drive around, I decided to turn off the gps on my infinity, turn it back on and check again on gmaps. No love once again, even if I walk around my whole house, go upstairs or outside. However, I found that if I turn the gps test on first after turning the gps on the infinity on, maps will find my location right away. I'm beginning to think this is a software problem? idk what it could be... anyone have any ideas?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones